babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
P300e not available with Adaptive Dynamics...why? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: P300e not available with Adaptive Dynamics...why? (/Thread-P300e-not-available-with-Adaptive-Dynamics-why)

P300e not available with Adaptive Dynamics...why? - Ricvifarho - 09-12-2021 05:34pm

Having had Adaptive Dynamics on my 2012 SD4 Prestige and 2016 HSE TD4, and really enjoyed the handling, I was looking at a possible replacement, a P300e hybrid R-Dynamic HSE. However it seemingly is only available with passive suspension, but still can have Configurable Dynamics....

Any thoughts why no AD?

RE: P300e not available with Adaptive Dynamics...why? - XFullFatTim - 10-12-2021 05:13pm

Could be something to do with the total weight of the vehicle and the adaptive dynamics system not being able to cope with the extra weight of the electric motor and battery or maybe there’s no room for the extra gubbins of the dynamic system as well as the PHEV gear - IIRC the PHEV has regenerative braking that will also take up space in the wheel arches that may preclude fitting the adaptive ride struts.

RE: P300e not available with Adaptive Dynamics...why? - Ricvifarho - 11-12-2021 05:23pm

(10-12-2021 05:13pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Could be something to do with the total weight of the vehicle and the adaptive dynamics system not being able to cope with the extra weight of the electric motor and battery or maybe there’s no room for the extra gubbins of the dynamic system as well as the PHEV gear - IIRC the PHEV has regenerative braking that will also take up space in the wheel arches that may preclude fitting the adaptive ride struts.

Thanks Tim, makes sense re the wheel arch room etc. Am getting a test drive soon so that should show whether I might miss the AD!

RE: P300e not available with Adaptive Dynamics...why? - XFullFatTim - 13-12-2021 10:03pm

I had a Mini Countryman PHEV for two years, brilliant car BUT dire petrol consumption and winter electric range couldn’t quite get me 14 miles from to Stirling. 2 weeks ago I took delivery of a Mini Electric, it’s a blast despite only 100 miles range at this time of year. BUT really important it’s cost me NIL to fuel it in 500 miles - I haven’t needed to plug it in at home once and with a ChargePlace Scotland card fuel is presently free across most of Scotland (some councils are now applying fees to charge) Highly recommend a 48 hour test drive.