babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
A much harder decision than I expected ! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: A much harder decision than I expected ! (/Thread-A-much-harder-decision-than-I-expected)

A much harder decision than I expected ! - stitcher - 02-10-2011 01:00pm

Well I read all the reviews , got the brochure , got the iPad app, chose my spec and yesterday drove a 214 mile round trip to Inverness to drive the evoque . On first impressions I wasn't bowled over by the look of the prestige in Orkney grey in the showroom , it was smaller than I expected but it was the dynamic I wanted so pressed ahead , wife and kids loved it anyway. Then got the keys of a 5 door sd4 auto for a 1 hour test drive . I must admit the evoque is a brilliant drive , bit slow on the lift off but I'd just stepped out of my Supercharged S5 sportback so my wife also put me straight on that one . The ride and handling were first class , none of the body roll I was expecting . Anyway , I loved the car but enough to part with my year old S5 and hand over another 11k in the process , I don't know . At the end of the day I'll probably go for the car as it's exactly what my wife wants but does it really live up to all the hype , I'm not sure. There are obviously many people at the moment who are willing to pay the extra for exclusivity hence the long order books. On a final point I can fully recommend Macrae and dick land rover in inverness , the showroom was full of people and we were never rushed by the salesman when he was obviously under pressure . I wouldn't buy a dust cap off my local dealer in Aberdeen hence the journey to Inverness.

RE: A much harder decision than I expected ! - XFullFatTim - 02-10-2011 04:50pm

Have only ever heard good things about Macrae and Dick - and yes quite a few FFRR and RRS owners travel to them for servicing and sales rather than use T&C............... it's a long haul but if the local dealer isn't giving the service then you have no option to use the next nearest

RE: A much harder decision than I expected ! - ytshome - 02-10-2011 06:27pm

Great to hear theres another good one out there!