babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Whats the deal with these Black options? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Whats the deal with these Black options? (/Thread-Whats-the-deal-with-these-Black-options)

Pages: 1 2

Whats the deal with these Black options? - benzina - 24-09-2011 02:00am

Looking at the their respective Official Landrover websites for both the UK and Australia, i found some weird variations regarding the blacks, and hopefully someone can explain the differences between them,and make some sense of all the variations.

This is what i have found...

The UK website has....
Body colour options
- Barolo Black (premium metallic)
- Sumatra (Metallic)
Contast roof
- Narvik Black
Contrast roof + Panoramic
- Narvik Black

The Australian website has....
Body colour options
- Sumatra Black (Metallic)
Contrast roof
- Sumatra (Metallic)
Contrast roof + Panoramic
- Santorini Black

Q1. Whats the difference of Barolo (premium metallic) vs Sumatra (metallic)?
Q2. Is Narvic a solid black?
Q3. Is Santorini a solid Black?
Q4. Whats the difference of Narvic vs Santorini?

RE: Whats the deal with these Black options? - Spiderman - 24-09-2011 02:36am

That's an easy one....

Barolo is a dark red wine black metallic & similar to Bournville Black.
Sumatra is a flat black metallic.
Narvik is a bright black.

The one I'm stumped on is Santorini...as it's from a different supplier and was dropped in favour of Sumatra after the Japan Earthquake due to supply issues I believe, however, it's now back on stream so Sumatra is being dropped at the start of next year, pity as that's the 'black' on my Evoque and it looks great!

Hope this helped...

RE: Whats the deal with these Black options? - benzina - 24-09-2011 02:46am

Yep...thanks Spiderman,that clears things up for me. Cheers

RE: Whats the deal with these Black options? - benzina - 24-09-2011 04:18am

(24-09-2011 02:36am)Spiderman Wrote:  That's an easy one....

Barolo is a dark red wine black metallic & similar to Bournville Black.
Sumatra is a flat black metallic.
Narvik is a bright black.

The one I'm stumped on is Santorini...as it's from a different supplier and was dropped in favour of Sumatra after the Japan Earthquake due to supply issues I believe, however, it's now back on stream so Sumatra is being dropped at the start of next year, pity as that's the 'black' on my Evoque and it looks great!

Hope this helped...

On second thought, just one more question...Are Narvic and Santorini both solid blacks (non-metallic)?

RE: Whats the deal with these Black options? - Spiderman - 24-09-2011 09:40am

Pass, can anybody else assist here?

RE: Whats the deal with these Black options? - Charlie - 24-09-2011 09:46am

Santorini is the main metallic black which was effected by events in Japan. It will replace Sumatra again from January so you will have a rare beast Spiderman. I've been told you'd be hard pushed to tell the difference though.

RE: Whats the deal with these Black options? - Daigriff - 24-09-2011 09:50am

Santorini is metallic. I'm sure it had tiny silver flecks in it and that was what I had originally ordered until the paint problem in Japan. The order got changed to Sumatra by RR but I upgraded to the Barolo which is a richer redder black.

I'd guess narvik is non metallic.

RE: Whats the deal with these Black options? - benzina - 24-09-2011 09:55am

(24-09-2011 09:46am)Charlie Wrote:  Santorini is the main metallic black which was effected by events in Japan. It will replace Sumatra again from January so you will have a rare beast Spiderman. I've been told you'd be hard pushed to tell the difference though.

O.k good.... so Santorini is (metallic) like Sumatra, but what about Narvik? Is Narvic (described above as bright black),metallic or solid?

RE: Whats the deal with these Black options? - XFullFatTim - 24-09-2011 10:06am

And also don't forget Havana.............. the new Bourneville

Narvik is a solid black

RE: Whats the deal with these Black options? - benzina - 24-09-2011 10:15am

(24-09-2011 10:06am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  And also don't forget Havana.............. the new Bourneville

Narvik is a solid black

Yep sorry, i missed that one on the UK site, and like the Barolo,is not offered in Australia.
Like the Barolo, the Havana is also described as a premium metallic, but what is the difference with this one?