babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Can roof rails be installed after production? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Can roof rails be installed after production? (/Thread-Can-roof-rails-be-installed-after-production)

Can roof rails be installed after production? - xderia - 22-09-2011 03:31pm

Do all cars come with screw holes for afterinstallation of roof rails?

Roof Rails on Evoque

RE: Can roof rails be installed after production? - griff - 22-09-2011 03:37pm

I believe they are a dealer fit.
Cheers

RE: Can roof rails be installed after production? - xderia - 22-09-2011 04:49pm

(22-09-2011 03:37pm)griff Wrote:  I believe they are a dealer fit.
Cheers

Can someone check for the screw holes on their car? Can I buy rails from Thule and install myself?

RE: Can roof rails be installed after production? - XFullFatTim - 22-09-2011 05:50pm

There are two plastic covers at the ends of each side of the roof, underneath there should be mounts fitted at build to all Evoques some special recessed threaded holes that roof rails will fit on to. However these care right at the ends of the roof and look to be only suitable for the front to back rails that you then mount the cross bars, bike carriers etc onto. There do not appear to be any intermediate covers along the roof of the car so you can fit the crossbars without using the front to rear side bars. Also I don't know if LR supplies something that will cover the mount once you have installed the front to back rails