babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Xenon delays - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Xenon delays (/Thread-Xenon-delays)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Xenon delays - LP - 16-09-2011 01:08pm

All models I believe...but only being removed as an option in the UK from Pures...

Could make mine a collectors item. Like a double headed coin. A Pure with a £460 panoramic roof and xenons...

RE: Xenon delays - cutter7 - 16-09-2011 01:59pm

I'ill take mine without then! just won't drive it at night!..simpleLaughing

I've got some old Harley headlamps in the garage i'm sure i could rig something up..

RE: Xenon delays - EVO PUNDITT - 16-09-2011 02:23pm

Mine has xenons but have not heard anything yet, if they cant supply the goods then I might look elswhere.

RE: Xenon delays - xxxx5 - 16-09-2011 02:49pm

Lets put it this way, if this is true I will go mad. I have a order form placed in March with Xenons for my Pure. I am going to make sure I get my specification against the car I signed and ordered.

RE: Xenon delays - Urban Splash - 16-09-2011 04:46pm

Most Pures must have been specced with xenon's if they are taking such drastic action as removing it as an option...

RE: Xenon delays - XFullFatTim - 16-09-2011 05:04pm

I suspect that those who have the unenviable job of trying guess which models and options will be most popular got it seriously wrong with the panoramic roof and the xenons. LR will not be the first maker to have seriously under-estimated the demand for certain options and equipment levels, you don't hear about it from other makers, their showroom staff just tell you that there is a build delay on your car but not why. I realise that comment won't help any of you affected by the shortage, you have my sympathy. I doubt there is little LR can do about it as the light units are possibly made on the other side of the world and increasing production will not be easy as shipping times are also quite long from China or whichever SE Asian country they are made in.

RE: Xenon delays - xxxx5 - 16-09-2011 05:19pm

I have just spoken to my dealer now, he said yes there is a delay with cars with Xenons, not sure how long yet, and Xenons will be removed as a UK option for Pure's with immediate effect, BUT they have spoken to LR and any orders that have already been placed before the memo came out this week will not be effect and will be honoured.

RE: Xenon delays - andyuk - 16-09-2011 05:36pm

I have Xenons & Panaramic on my Pure which was ordered about 6 weeks ago & my dealer has confirmed there is no issues with my order.

RE: Xenon delays - xxxx5 - 16-09-2011 05:39pm

Andy uk, have you spoken to them today and had this confirmed?

RE: Xenon delays - cjfp - 16-09-2011 05:50pm

There are no issues with my Pure Xenon order either - still scheduled for build mid oct, delivery end oct