babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Mudflap Fit - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Mudflap Fit (/Thread-Mudflap-Fit)

Pages: 1 2 3

Mudflap Fit - mark_n - 13-09-2011 05:27pm

Went into my dealer to see what they had and was pleased to see a silver dynamic coupe with a spec quite close to mine.

Another car, a black 5 door had mudflaps fitted front and rear and although the fit of the rears seemed fine, the front ones did not cling to the bodywork where they wrap arround the wheel arch. It may be bad fitting by the dealer or else the design is not quite right but I was a little underwhelmed to be honest.

RE: Mudflap Fit - XFullFatTim - 13-09-2011 06:45pm

I wonder if they had hadn't fitted the special flaps for a Dynamic and had fitted the one meant for a Pure or Prestige. Cars with AD apparently have a different design of mud flap

RE: Mudflap Fit - J77 - 14-09-2011 08:34pm

All evoques at my dealers are fitted with mud flaps and all are tight to the bodywork.

RE: Mudflap Fit - Urban Splash - 14-09-2011 09:49pm

Anyone got a pic by any chance please?

RE: Mudflap Fit - duckworthparts - 16-09-2011 04:05pm

sounds like they have fitted the incorrect mudflaps

RE: Mudflap Fit - ajmooseman - 17-09-2011 08:37am

Thinking of fitting the mud flaps myself, hope this is not a daft question but do you need to remove the wheels to to fit them. Just weighing up all the time v cost implications of fitting them. I guessing with 20" wheels that space inside the wheel arch is going to be pretty tight.

RE: Mudflap Fit - mark_n - 17-09-2011 11:35am

I'm pretty sure you do need to remove the wheels, so you will need a decent jack unless you are getting the spare wheel option in which case the car will come with one which will do the job.

RE: Mudflap Fit - XFullFatTim - 17-09-2011 03:07pm

Be very very careful using LR screwjacks, they have a nasty habit of collapsing just after you have removed the wheel.............. Really an emergency only piece of kit. Whatever you do do not sit on the ground with your feet/ legs under the car trying to replace / remove the wheel.

RE: Mudflap Fit - paulus599 - 17-09-2011 04:33pm

Why not, at least your legs will stop the sills getting damaged if the jack did collapse!

RE: Mudflap Fit - XFullFatTim - 17-09-2011 04:42pm

LaughingLaughing