babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Goodbye to the Evoque... Hello Macan..! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/Forum-Off-Topic)
+---- Forum: Other Vehicles (/Forum-Other-Vehicles)
+---- Thread: Goodbye to the Evoque... Hello Macan..! (/Thread-Goodbye-to-the-Evoque-Hello-Macan)

Goodbye to the Evoque... Hello Macan..! - Pete - 20-06-2017 11:50am

After not really enjoying the drive and dynamics of the Evoque and having pretty poor service/handover experiences (every service and handover for the past two LR cars have involved a return to the dealer to fix something or other), I've thrown in the towel and spent money I can live with and enjoy driving....

[attachment=4678]

Macan S Diesel

* Between 5 and 10 MPG better
* Cheaper to tax
* Not much more to insure
* EURO6 emissions
* Bigger boot
* Faster
* More comfortable

Even after 3 days ownership, it's the best car I've ever driven - it really is as good as all the reviews.

But having said that, the best (family friendly) fun I've had in a car is still my day at Eastnor in the Defender.

And yes, I know that the Macan isn't as capable off-road as the Evoque, but I never do anything more than drive across a field and occasionally drive down farm tracks.

RE: Goodbye to the Evoque... Hello Macan..! - Doody - 21-06-2017 12:28am

enjoy the new ride!!!!

doody

Goodbye to the Evoque... Hello Macan..! - bigmac3161 - 23-06-2017 06:50am

Tidy looking motor but man you need some bigger wheels there lost in that car and some proper black window trim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Goodbye to the Evoque... Hello Macan..! - Pete - 23-06-2017 08:06am

I'm pretty happy with the rims. I'm not so worried about getting them kerbed and tires will be a bit cheaper.

I really am more than happy with this car the way that it is.

RE: Goodbye to the Evoque... Hello Macan..! - XFullFatTim - 23-06-2017 05:46pm

The man buys a Porsche and then worries about the tyre prices.................

RE: Goodbye to the Evoque... Hello Macan..! - Pete - 23-06-2017 06:11pm

Yes, a £700 bill for two 911 rears tends to stick in your memory, and I'd really rather not trash the rims.

And I don't want to fork out another 2k+ on larger rims just for the sake of looks...

RE: Goodbye to the Evoque... Hello Macan..! - XFullFatTim - 23-06-2017 09:44pm

Interesting price as I had to replace a slashed Continental 20" on my 1st Evoque and they were £340 a pop even back in 2012. Fortunately through my professional body I get a very nice discount at KwikFit which softened the blow to the wallet.