babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Why is this forum so quiet? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Why is this forum so quiet? (/Thread-Why-is-this-forum-so-quiet)

Pages: 1 2 3

Why is this forum so quiet? - Bradleyu1 - 09-02-2017 01:25pm

I've joined up and was wondering why the forum is so quiet?

I'm on a baby Bmw forum which is busy, lots of posts, info & pictures, it's alive!

Just seems so quiet here

RE: Why is this forum so quiet? - GaryO - 09-02-2017 02:23pm

Shhh, we're sleeping !

RE: Why is this forum so quiet? - XFullFatTim - 09-02-2017 03:13pm

Whistle Maybe the BMW owners have lots to complain about?

RE: Why is this forum so quiet? - PhilSkill - 09-02-2017 04:06pm

We just enjoy our Evoque's Smile

Why is this forum so quiet? - bigmac3161 - 09-02-2017 10:36pm

It's the least active forum I've been on I'd 2145 posts on the rcz forum in about 3 years then 1215 on golfr forum in 18 months. Been on here a year and have struggled to reach 61 oh 62 now. Would go on the evoque U.K. Owners one but they ain't on Tapatalk so I can't post any pics so waste of time. U'd think wit the amount of evoque son the road there'd be more traffic on here but it's a graveyard of a forum I'm afraid.

RE: Why is this forum so quiet? - jitenc - 10-02-2017 12:56am

Should have joined the forum when the Babyrr site was still a baby! It's now past its teenage stage and gone out to play!

RE: Why is this forum so quiet? - Steve D - 10-02-2017 05:00am

It seems to be more a more technically orientated site compared to the 'other' site. Plenty of owners belong to both sites though. I've always thought it a bit quiet especially as I came here from its sister site - freel2.com which is quite busy. I joined both Evoque sites around the same time. 327 posts on here and 1007 on the other one. More non-Evoque specific stuff on the other one.

What exactly is 'Tapatalk'?

Why is this forum so quiet? - Bradleyu1 - 10-02-2017 09:58am

Tapatalk is the mobile app to easily view the forum. Very easy to install on most forums

RE: Why is this forum so quiet? - sasdiscos - 10-02-2017 04:15pm

Id say less goes wrong with evoques. If you look at d3 and ffrr forum its full of problems mainly.

Plus there are lots of mods for the range rover and disco. Evo seems to be left alone for now with very few mods and touch wood for me very few issues.

When i had my d3 and ffrr i constantly needed the forum for advice and was always tinkering with things.

Steve

RE: Why is this forum so quiet? - XFullFatTim - 10-02-2017 07:21pm

This site was very busy when Evoque was launched and it has slowed up, but it could be that LR is ironing out most of the issues and they are better built and fewer problems than 3-4 years ago. I'm also a member of both RRS forums, the dedicated one for L494 Mk2 RRS is overcrowded if there is more than one post a week, but the small section for L494 on RRSport is heaving, loads of posts and activity! RRS.co.uk is alive and kicking but it has become much more serious and less frivolous in the last few years as L322 RRS has matured and more people can afford the older ones. There is a lot of posting there but it is mostly techy "how can I fix xxx" "what to look for when buying a £10000 RRS" type of post now and very few of the "look at the fun we had on a forum outing" type post. RRSport as a forum have had some great "forum" factory visit days, meets at the Ace Cafe, meets at Lookers Park Royal, meets at Gaydon BMHC. Disco 3 even has forum"lets all go on holiday together" events in Morrocco and meets at Land Rover events in Europe. I have never had a huge amount of interest in events here, we have had 3 in my time - Halewood forum trip and 2 meets at Gaydon BMHC (the first of which was a mini feature in What Car? Magazine!) but there hasn't been a big turn out, I believe those that did come had a good day out that was worth the trip. We have some long term members here who still have their 1st and only Evoque - Philskill and JitenC have been here almost since the forum started, along with some others who I know still have their Evqoue but maybe work takes up too much of their time to be posting daily on a forum.......