babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Amber engine light has come on - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Maintenance (/Forum-Maintenance)
+--- Thread: Amber engine light has come on (/Thread-Amber-engine-light-has-come-on)

Amber engine light has come on - Corday - 29-11-2016 09:54am

Only had the car about a month...not impressed a low oil light came on two weeks ago went back to dealer, faulty reading. Today the amber engine light came on, whilst on motorway, pulled into a service station swied car on and off, its driving fine (its very cold out -3). I am now at work will wait a bit and go back to restart car...any ideas?

RE: Amber engine light has come on - XFullFatTim - 29-11-2016 10:22am

Call Land Rover Assist out, if they cannot fix it then they will get the car to a dealership and arrange a loaner. That's what they are there for.

RE: Amber engine light has come on - Corday - 29-11-2016 10:44am

Will do thank you, could do without this hassle not what you expect from an expensive car..

RE: Amber engine light has come on - XFullFatTim - 29-11-2016 01:41pm

Over on RRSport there have been a lot of folks having similar issues with the Engine Management light coming on and it is due to an issue with the AdBlue quality (NOT quantity) sensor - apparently there is a sensor that can determine the quality of Adblue and that you haven't just added water when the level is low............ and it has been playing up. Ask you dealer to see if your car needs to have the software upgrade carried out for AdBlue quality. I'm sorry but I don't know what the Q number is for this upgrade and my car doesn't need AdBlu.