babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Factory tow hitch & modules? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Factory tow hitch & modules? (/Thread-Factory-tow-hitch-modules)

Factory tow hitch & modules? - surferchick2 - 01-11-2016 11:04pm

Hi there! We purchased an Evoque with a factory installed trailer hitch on it already. Anyone know if it's standard that this includes the brake assist module and trailer stability assist? I can't find any info on whether it does or not, if it doesn't, I may need to take it to the dealership and have them look. Thanks!

RE: Factory tow hitch & modules? - XFullFatTim - 02-11-2016 08:54pm

Try signing into Land Rover Topix website and put in your car's VIN that should tell you what has been factory fitted in the way of standard equipment and options. You don't say which model year the car is and I think trailer stability assist only came in with 2015 or 2016MY's in Europe I don't see how brake assist would work on a trailer behind any Evoque as the only electrical connection between car and trailer would be the lighting system.

RE: Factory tow hitch & modules? - syl - 02-11-2016 09:06pm

There is no factory fit tow bar on the Evoque - bit of an oversight in my opinion. It's dealer fit.

Tow assist uses the rear view camera (you have to stick the special dots on your trailer / caravan). Trailer stability assist is part of DSC. I think they turn on when the trailer's electrics are connected up.

RE: Factory tow hitch & modules? - surferchick2 - 03-11-2016 02:44am

Thank you! I'll check it out and see what I can find with the vin info. It's a 2012 5 door. We just got a little Rpod trailer and was wondering what all was included with the tow hitch, and someone had mentioned a break assist module. I assumed it had been factory since it says Land Rover on the plug in cap. Ive appreciated the insight.