babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Dynamic Bonnet vents - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Dynamic Bonnet vents (/Thread-Dynamic-Bonnet-vents)

Pages: 1 2 3

Dynamic Bonnet vents - XFullFatTim - 08-09-2011 10:19pm

For those thinking of putting the vents onto a 5door you WILL have to buy a whole new bonnet/hood - the vents are not set into dimples in the bonnet as thought, with the bonnet of a Coupe Dynamic open you can see daylight through the grilles and they do aid engine cooling

RE: Dynamic Bonnet vents - griff - 08-09-2011 11:19pm

Yep same on the Coupe Prestige. The air intake is also below the vent.

RE: Dynamic Bonnet vents - Ezandania - 09-09-2011 12:48am

Has anybody posted the price for a coupe bonnet yet?

RE: Dynamic Bonnet vents - 3VOQU3 - 09-09-2011 01:42am

(09-09-2011 12:48am)Ezandania Wrote:  Has anybody posted the price for a coupe bonnet yet?

Duckworth has already.. Its up somewhere.. think it was 490..

RE: Dynamic Bonnet vents - SW6RR - 09-09-2011 09:18am

Stupid question - but we have, I think, confirmed that the bonnets are interchangeable haven't we? I seem to remember someone saying that they were, but the mouldings are different (I think) so we be good if someone could confirm.

Not sure I'll go for it on day one (despite the fact that I will have already bastardised my RRE before picking it up :lolSmile

RE: Dynamic Bonnet vents - vision*R - 09-09-2011 09:57am

Even though they're not functional, I guess 3rd parties will probably come up with adhesive vents?

RE: Dynamic Bonnet vents - Ezandania - 09-09-2011 10:12am

Yeah...or just saw/grind off the bits which dig into the bonnet, so u have a flat surface to stick the vents on.
Question: if one of the vent is actually used by the intake, what does the other one (the right-hand side one) do? Vent hot air from the manifold/turbo?

RE: Dynamic Bonnet vents - griff - 09-09-2011 11:03am

From what I saw last night both vents are open to the engine bay and there was a fair amount of warm air being vented through them. The air intake is below the vent rather than attached to it.
Cheers

RE: Dynamic Bonnet vents - XFullFatTim - 09-09-2011 11:38am

Vision the air vents Are functional they aid better airflow under the bonnet and as Griff states the intake in just below them

RE: Dynamic Bonnet vents - vision*R - 09-09-2011 11:51am

I know, but most people won't bother and they'll just want the look of it. So I think there's a market here for 3rd parties who make a similar thing that you can stick onto the bonnet.
If the 5d version doesn't have the vents then surely the engines can do without the extra air intake.