babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Real world mpg - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Real world mpg (/Thread-Real-world-mpg)

RE: Real world mpg - WorldTraveler - 19-04-2012 02:55pm

All, there is a Poll for determing MPG for TD4's if you have a TD4 please vote here:

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Real-World-TD4-MPG

RE: Real world mpg - BTS18 - 27-04-2012 07:58am

Interesting article in the Daily Mail today..................................

Why drivers can't rely on those miles per gallon figures

Tests carried out on 60 different types of car
Drivers spending extra money

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2135884/Why-drivers-rely-miles-gallon-figures.html#ixzz1tDnW0Vm2

Real world mpg - 3V0QU3 - 27-04-2012 05:44pm

(08-04-2012 07:28pm)3V0QU3 Wrote:  In my SD4 auto with AD I have today confirmed a previous post that dynamic mode improves efficiency, at 75mph i got 34mpg in standard mode and 38.5mpg in dynamic mode. Might pay for itself as well as being a better ride.

Well, getting better, after about 4 weeks and 4,000 miles on the clock i am now averaging between 38 and 40 mpg for all types of roads and in standard and dynamic modes. No idea why the change, but glad it has improved.

RE: Real world mpg - SiT - 27-04-2012 11:30pm

(06-04-2012 06:40pm)SiT Wrote:  The wife uses it daily and i haven't been keeping up with mpg but today i filled it from almost empty at a cost of £79.70 which is roughly 55.6 litres + what was left. I'll check and report back in a couple of weeks when it is run dry what we are actually getting. For those interested it is an SD4 Automatic.

Now on 1500 miles and from the last fill up covered 375 miles (the wifes figures) so that means roughly 30.5mpg.

RE: Real world mpg - PhilSkill - 02-05-2012 08:13pm

Wow, dredged this up from page 3! Finally are we not worrying about mpg...

I've had my heating set to "Auto" and 20.5deg with no "A/C" most of the time I've been driving same old route and getting 36mpg fairly consistently, today I turned off Auto and set manual fan to no lights (off)... during my normal journey the Trip A over 1/4 tank was sitting at 37mpg rose to 40.2 in 30 miles... Shocked

Now it was a little warmer 14deg than recently a couple of degrees which will have helped but that was 2 shorter journeys with some stop/start and junctions to stop at (no 60+mph)...

Is this simply my engine warmed up that much quicker, as even the start/stop cut in at the first set of lights not 4 miles from cold start (temp gauge was only at 1/4).

RE: Real world mpg - The Valeter - 03-05-2012 10:04am

Took a trip to Liverpool & back over the weekend (Another Factory Tour plus half day Experience) in my Si4 & on the run up I was getting (so it said) 32 MPG & on the return 30.8 MPG which on a new un run in engine with 5 people & full boot with rubbish weather I recon is pretty reasonable to be fair!

I did fill the tank full to the brim before I left & again when topped up then did the mathematical workings on the consumption & it came out the same.

RE: Real world mpg - ED209 - 03-05-2012 10:39am

Second tank almost done, average still 35.5mpg.

To be honest I am now getting a bit cheesed off, getting less than the published urban figure when my mileage is mainly made up of a 17 mile each way commute on a roads at light traffic times is simply unacceptable.

RE: Real world mpg - XFullFatTim - 03-05-2012 01:44pm

Stuck behind a garbage truck for a 16 mile journey into Stirling this morning, average speed 42mph ............. 45.1mpg and I was surprised that using the paddles it shifted up into 6th on the flat. Coming home at average speed 56mph 39mpg. I have changed from using Shell branded to Sainsbury because there is a 6p per litre difference between the nearby Shell filling station and Sainsbury, Sainsbury being the cheaper place of course. When Shell reduces there prices to the same or lower I'll resume using their forecourt.

As an aside there is a big item in the June 2012 edition of What Car? about the discrepancy between Government Official and actual achieved. They use an example of Mr Adeel Quyoum's SD4 Dynamic Manual that is only achieving 18.9mpg............. What reckons it should be 36.4mpg and the Govt figure for his car is 49.6mpg. OK so he only drives 10 minute trips in town so the car never warms up. What What Car? thinks you should get for specific road types is available at http://www.whatcar.com/truempg

RE: Real world mpg - PhilSkill - 03-05-2012 02:02pm

(03-05-2012 01:44pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Stuck behind a garbage truck for a 16 mile journey into Stirling this morning, average speed 42mph ............. 45.1mpg and I was surprised that using the paddles it shifted up into 6th on the flat. Coming home at average speed 56mph 39mpg. I have changed from using Shell branded to Sainsbury because there is a 6p per litre difference between the nearby Shell filling station and Sainsbury, Sainsbury being the cheaper place of course. When Shell reduces there prices to the same or lower I'll resume using their forecourt.

As an aside there is a big item in the June 2012 edition of What Car? about the discrepancy between Government Official and actual achieved. They use an example of Mr Adeel Quyoum's SD4 Dynamic Manual that is only achieving 18.9mpg............. What reckons it should be 36.4mpg and the Govt figure for his car is 49.6mpg. OK so he only drives 10 minute trips in town so the car never warms up. What What Car? thinks you should get for specific road types is available at http://www.whatcar.com/truempg

How is he driving that SD4, to get 18mpg Shocked it certainly does drink more until warm but i've watched my trip average rise from set off, so doesn't cost too much, why is he driving a Diesel doing short trips.. Rolling Eyes wrong car for the job me-thinks. I guess if I really put my foot down constantly i'd get it down into the 20's quite easily, but 18... cripes he must never travel at 40-50mph, as it seems best at these speeds, higher speed and it again tails off, just like you suggest above Tim.

ED209, early days if only your second fill up, it will come good, TD4 sensibly driven should hit 40+mpg from what i've seen on here so far.

Wonder what we'll be saying when the weather warms up to 20deg+ and we've all got some good mileage on the engines, after all it's only May Rolling Eyes

RE: Real world mpg - sethor - 03-05-2012 04:16pm

For Si4 owners what fuels are you using? from past experience using Shell V-Power or BP Ultimate can have about 10% better mileage over 95 RON fuels. Even between V-Power & Ultimate my last car got about 30-40kms more per tank using V-Power, I'm going to trial a few tanks of each to see which fuel gives best mileage.