babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
The maiden voyage! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: The maiden voyage! (/Thread-The-maiden-voyage)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: The maiden voyage! - XFullFatTim - 12-09-2011 05:04pm

(12-09-2011 01:21pm)Scotty Wrote:  Do you have a `standard` garage door? Did you have to fold the mirrors to get in?

My garage door is 2100mm across so yes the mirrors have to be folded to get through the door (remote control up and over door). It is tight but once inside the garage widens out. The problem is that after 16 years of big SUV's my garage is rather full of gardening stuff, 4 windsurfers, 15 sails, 5 masts, 5 booms, boxes of windsurfing gear, a stand up paddle board, a deep freeze, 2 lawn mowers...................... 5 spare wheels and tyres for my Defender (I managed to sell 12 wheels and tyres from the FFRR and RRS before the Evoque arrived) . There is more stuff, but you can see the problem I have before I can get the car inside the garage. Oh did I also mention that there is an Ivor Williams 6ft x 4ft trailer in there as well?Laughing I did have a test last night though and it went in OK but I couldn't get out of the car because of the location of the freezer, so some re-arranging is needed (and another garage to store the rest of the kit that I had to remove to get the car inside.........)

RE: The maiden voyage! - DynamicRRV - 12-09-2011 05:58pm

Lol

RE: The maiden voyage! - MW73 - 12-09-2011 07:35pm

Sounds like a garage sale could be in order Tim?

RE: The maiden voyage! - XFullFatTim - 12-09-2011 07:45pm

Oh god no MW, I couldn't part with a single thing out of it, it might be useful one day!

RE: The maiden voyage! - Scotty - 12-09-2011 08:07pm

Thank you for the reply Tim. I think it is one of lifes little pleasures to drive out of the garage on a frosty/snowy morning without having to clear anything!

RE: The maiden voyage! - MW73 - 12-09-2011 08:26pm

(12-09-2011 07:45pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Oh god no MW, I couldn't part with a single thing out of it, it might be useful one day!

LaughingLaughing

RE: The maiden voyage! - Baron - 12-09-2011 10:47pm

Trying to talk er in doors into 19" rims. Felt the ride a little harsh on the 20".

Fuel in 190ps diesel was only showing 29 on our test day. But madam loving car. Looking forward to some off road shots Tim.

Cant help feeling I would miss low range box, fixed rear diff and height adjustment of my RRS. Oh and the TDV8 Cool

RE: The maiden voyage! - Baron - 18-11-2011 01:46am

(12-09-2011 10:47pm)Baron Wrote:  Trying to talk er in doors into 19" rims. Felt the ride a little harsh on the 20".

Fuel in 190ps diesel was only showing 29 on our test day. But madam loving car. Looking forward to some off road shots Tim.

Cant help feeling I would miss low range box, fixed rear diff and height adjustment of my RRS. Oh and the TDV8 Cool

Just been informed er in doors car build date has been moved back a month Thud