babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Real world mpg - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Real world mpg (/Thread-Real-world-mpg)

RE: Real world mpg - mywillia - 20-02-2012 06:49pm

Did my usual round trip last week north to south about 500 miles return. M1, M25, M23. Easy cruise down outside of peak traffic, Return journey was a mare. Stuck on M25 in Rush hour, stuck on M1 between Junctions 8 and 13. Car still returned 44.9 avg over the whole trip. Quite an improvement over the 41mpg previously. Seems to be loosing up nicely

RE: Real world mpg - defender_uk - 20-02-2012 07:09pm

how many miles on the clock altogethe then mywillia?

RE: Real world mpg - XFullFatTim - 20-02-2012 07:15pm

I'm not a great believer that there are any worthwhile benefits from BP Ultimate or Shell VPower diesel, but has anybody tried running for any great distance using them and noticed any improvement?
I found with my RRS TDv8 and the last FFRR TDv8 that they both ran much better and with better economy using plain ordinary Shell and BP rather than supermarket fuel, but have been sceptical about there being sufficient economy grounds to warrant spending the extra money for these higher octane fuels

RE: Real world mpg - defender_uk - 20-02-2012 07:17pm

I am with you on that Tim....I am just starting to llog the fuel as well as the mpg now to see what difference any makes.

RE: Real world mpg - XFullFatTim - 20-02-2012 07:22pm

The Evoque is the first car I have owned in years where I haven't run an excel workbook for fuel/mileage figures but I think I will have to go back to doing it. I have found with previous LR's with trip computers that they generally show 2-3mpg better consumption than my spreadsheet gives me which makes the Evoque's consumption worse than either of my TDv8 engined cars, which is seriously disappointing .

RE: Real world mpg - mywillia - 20-02-2012 07:39pm

(20-02-2012 07:09pm)defender_uk Wrote:  how many miles on the clock altogethe then mywillia?

Just over 1900 now

Interestingly, that was on Tesco fuel. Up to the last trip had been Esso

RE: Real world mpg - Donny Dog - 20-02-2012 09:16pm

(20-02-2012 07:15pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I'm not a great believer that there are any worthwhile benefits from BP Ultimate or Shell VPower diesel, but has anybody tried running for any great distance using them and noticed any improvement?
I found with my RRS TDv8 and the last FFRR TDv8 that they both ran much better and with better economy using plain ordinary Shell and BP rather than supermarket fuel, but have been sceptical about there being sufficient economy grounds to warrant spending the extra money for these higher octane fuels

Both my youngest son and his wife work for Shell (and she worked on the team that developed it), and they both insist the improvements are real. However, I still use whatever is cheapest!

RE: Real world mpg - forest172 - 20-02-2012 10:14pm

(20-02-2012 07:22pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The Evoque is the first car I have owned in years where I haven't run an excel workbook for fuel/mileage figures but I think I will have to go back to doing it. I have found with previous LR's with trip computers that they generally show 2-3mpg better consumption than my spreadsheet gives me which makes the Evoque's consumption worse than either of my TDv8 engined cars, which is seriously disappointing .

The evoque trip is almost bang on. My old disco 4 was 3mpg optimistic.

RE: Real world mpg - paul - 20-02-2012 11:14pm

Took another couple of quick test drives yesterday, as still pondering petrol versus diesel. Both cars Dynamics, taken on exactly the same route, settings changes to Dynamic/Sport at same time, and same couple of 'overtaking manoeuvres'. Petrol was 17mpg Shocked and even diesel was only 27mpg. Very relaxed driving other than the overtakes. Then did my Audi S3 on same route and 34mpg. Given that Audi quote 33mpg combined for S3, I'm surprised just how far out Land Rover's figures are for the Evoque. These were free-flowing roads as well with 40 and 60mph limits.

RE: Real world mpg - ytshome - 20-02-2012 11:18pm

Last full fill on mixed driving, although as usual a fair amount of shortish trips (4 or 5 miles) and trip showing 27.2 mpg, more or less bang on the actual consumption.