babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Real world mpg - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Real world mpg (/Thread-Real-world-mpg)

RE: Real world mpg - XFullFatTim - 16-02-2012 06:52pm

Well for those with cars with the Dynamic mode on the TR I have just done my normal run into town and back in Dynamic mode...................... I usually drive in "normal" setting. over the last 10 days I have been averaging (on the Auto average setting of the trip) 34-36mpg - this afternoon trip to town in Dynamic mode, 40.1mpg, trip back 42.3mpg. Running on Shell Regular diesel all the time. Now why should Dynamic mode give better fuel consumption when it is supposed to hang onto gears for longer? The only difference today was that before I left home the engine was already up to temperature having been driven 5 miles round trip to the next village, normally I am leaving from home with a cold engine but it reaches normal temperature within 2 miles of the 16 mile trip.

RE: Real world mpg - Ranger4 - 16-02-2012 07:33pm

Is that right? I always thought that the car held onto the gears longer whilst in sport mode, I thought that dynamic mode was just suspension?

RE: Real world mpg - PhilSkill - 16-02-2012 11:20pm

(16-02-2012 06:52pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Well for those with cars with the Dynamic mode on the TR I have just done my normal run into town and back in Dynamic mode...................... I usually drive in "normal" setting. over the last 10 days I have been averaging (on the Auto average setting of the trip) 34-36mpg - this afternoon trip to town in Dynamic mode, 40.1mpg, trip back 42.3mpg. Running on Shell Regular diesel all the time. Now why should Dynamic mode give better fuel consumption when it is supposed to hang onto gears for longer? The only difference today was that before I left home the engine was already up to temperature having been driven 5 miles round trip to the next village, normally I am leaving from home with a cold engine but it reaches normal temperature within 2 miles of the 16 mile trip.

I would have said it was because you were focused on the mpg, but I couldn't get 42mpg if I tried my hardest! Wonder if it has any effect on a manual box, mainly been in normal, apart from a few country lane fun drives. Have to try and see if I can notice any difference.

RE: Real world mpg - XFullFatTim - 16-02-2012 11:24pm

Sorry but I have a very light right foot all the time, I'm an honorary member of the hyper-miling club

RE: Real world mpg - leveller - 16-02-2012 11:32pm

I've been driving around for 2 days in my Freelander. Nothing unusual there. But my Range meter went from 217 miles to 265 miles - I was pretty astonished and reasonably happy and obviously it was down to my extremely mindful driving and relaxing of the accelerator.

Until I realised that I was looking at my Trip meter, not the Range meter.

RE: Real world mpg - EVO PUNDITT - 17-02-2012 03:31pm

Just did a 70 mile trip on car park (M25) reset before journey ave speed 70mph at the end of trip ave MPG 52.5 , at one point it went down to 49.5MPG. Not bad Tongue Out very happy with

RE: Real world mpg - ChuckieB - 17-02-2012 03:33pm

Just announced on the radio. Diesel tipping over the £1.43 mark. Disaster!!!![/u]

RE: Real world mpg - fam1x - 17-02-2012 03:58pm

Ok where are you guy driving I'm read this and think no way that's possible. I've covered 527miles and that's used 2 full tanks of diesel which roughly cost £160. So I'm averaging 21mpg. I have and SD4 and all urban driving. Would glad to know how you guys are getting over 30mpg Wink

RE: Real world mpg - XFullFatTim - 17-02-2012 04:01pm

Chuckie we already have £1.49 a litre in the village filling station and at the next village, which is why I fill up in town at £1.38 a litre

RE: Real world mpg - PhilSkill - 17-02-2012 05:22pm

(17-02-2012 03:31pm)EVO PUNDITT Wrote:  Just did a 70 mile trip on car park (M25) reset before journey ave speed 70mph at the end of trip ave MPG 52.5 , at one point it went down to 49.5MPG. Not bad Tongue Out very happy with

Not that I don't believe you but, If there's any start/stop that must be impossible! If I did 55mph in 6th reset the trip while doing that and stayed at that speed constantly almost rolling with no throttle I would not reach 50mpg! 40 something yes, but not into 50's.