babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
4pm Sunday 7th in York.. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: 4pm Sunday 7th in York.. (/Thread-4pm-Sunday-7th-in-York)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: 4pm Sunday 7th in York.. - XFullFatTim - 07-08-2011 05:18pm

so good he had to say it all twice!

RE: 4pm Sunday 7th in York.. - xxxx5 - 07-08-2011 05:28pm

Just got back to my hotel in york, after the event today.
The day was very good, well organised, others have already mentioned the food, butler service etc. I just wanted to add about the ride. I have a BMW running on 19" with run flat. The evoque we drove ran on 20" alloys the ride was flawless and very smooth. I am very impressed, and glad I took the decision to put them on the spec of mine. Also the build quality was very good, only down side, and only very minor point is that the doors mirrors are big and take a bit of getting use to, there is also a little wind noise. But hey a very minor comment. I am going to speak to my dealer on Monday and add panoramic roof to my spec, I think this is a must now that I have seen it.

Just got the long wait until Dec!!!!!!!!!

RE: 4pm Sunday 7th in York.. - DynamicRRV - 07-08-2011 06:00pm

By the way we were eating on a table with two couples of Geordies .... Anyone on here about 12.30ish?

RE: 4pm Sunday 7th in York.. - Urban Splash - 07-08-2011 06:13pm

My thoughts for York today......

Overall, excellent event. Food was great! Staff very helpful.

Drive was great, not much chance to let rip, but a canny route. Sat Nav was a bit of a disappointment. I love the arrow that appears in between the speedo and rev counter... but the Sat Nav itself is not a patch on Audis latest. Just an ariel view of the road..... thats a bit naff. Screen quality is no where near as good as BMW's latest. All a bit clunky.

Drove an SD4, 5 door Prestige. Overall, very nice to drive. Quite a bit of turbo lag though. One niggling annoyance I have is that I'm sure LR will change over to the 8speed Auto found in the new Jag XF very soon.... will really annoy early adopters!

Seats are really comfy, could drive for ages without any issues.... Pano roof is awesome.

Poor choice of colours at the event. Only black, grey, red, white. No red 5 door either. Red looks stunning. I'm going to change from white to red after seeing them side by side today..... No element/cirrus interiors either.... Shame....

3 door looks great, but could not live with the the limited access to the rear seat. LR really need to improve the mechanism....

Overall, very impressed. Awesome car. Higher up driving position that I was expecting.... Loads of people there swapping RRS's for Evoques which i thought was interesting....

RE: 4pm Sunday 7th in York.. - xxxx5 - 07-08-2011 06:17pm

(07-08-2011 06:13pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  My thoughts for York today......

Overall, excellent event. Food was great! Staff very helpful.

Drive was great, not much chance to let rip, but a canny route. Sat Nav was a bit of a disappointment. I love the arrow that appears in between the speedo and rev counter... but the Sat Nav itself is not a patch on Audis latest. Just an ariel view of the road..... thats a bit naff. Screen quality is no where near as good as BMW's latest. All a bit clunky.

Drove an SD4, 5 door Prestige. Overall, very nice to drive. Quite a bit of turbo lag though. One niggling annoyance I have is that I'm sure LR will change over to the 8speed Auto found in the new Jag XF very soon.... will really annoy early adopters!

Seats are really comfy, could drive for ages without any issues.... Pano roof is awesome.

Poor choice of colours at the event. Only black, grey, red, white. No red 5 door either. Red looks stunning. I'm going to change from white to red after seeing them side by side today..... No element/cirrus interiors either.... Shame....

3 door looks great, but could not live with the the limited access to the rear seat. LR really need to improve the mechanism....

Overall, very impressed. Awesome car. Higher up driving position that I was expecting.... Loads of people there swapping RRS's for Evoques which i thought was interesting....

Ref the sat nav, you can change the view to 3D, like the BMW system. We tried it on our test drive.

RE: 4pm Sunday 7th in York.. - Urban Splash - 07-08-2011 06:18pm

I was there about 12:30 ish.....

Checked shirt, green fleece. Wife had pink fleece.... Food was great!
(07-08-2011 06:17pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  Ref the sat nav, you can change the view to 3D, like the BMW system. We tried it on our test drive.

Really? awesome! I didn't try that! Was too busy following the instructions whilst driving, couldn't really have a play.....

Thanks for pointing that out. Not seen any pics of it in 3D mode....

RE: 4pm Sunday 7th in York.. - xxxx5 - 07-08-2011 06:20pm

I was there at 12.30, I was in blue polo shirt a black north face jacket, wife was wearing bright blue jeans, blue jacket.

RE: 4pm Sunday 7th in York.. - Blackseries - 07-08-2011 06:24pm

(07-08-2011 05:28pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  I just wanted to add about the ride. I have a BMW running on 19" with run flat. The evoque we drove ran on 20" alloys the ride was flawless and very smooth. I am very impressed, and glad I took the decision to put them on the spec of mine.

What did you drive .... did the car have 20" wheels with or without AD?

Thanks to everyone for their feedback. It’s really great to get real unjaundice opinions for us lot still waiting to drive. Thanks.

RE: 4pm Sunday 7th in York.. - XFullFatTim - 07-08-2011 06:25pm

If the cars had the dual view screen then I believe the resolution on that isn't as good as on the "single view" screens so it may be that the car you had was one with a dual view screen Splash

RE: 4pm Sunday 7th in York.. - cjfp - 07-08-2011 06:42pm

I wasn't there at 1230, so it wasn't me!