babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Is Anyone Making Poor Consumption a Issue With Dealer? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Is Anyone Making Poor Consumption a Issue With Dealer? (/Thread-Is-Anyone-Making-Poor-Consumption-a-Issue-With-Dealer)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Is Anyone Making Poor Consumption a Issue With Dealer? - ED209 - 16-04-2012 05:37pm

(16-04-2012 04:19pm)WorldTraveler Wrote:  Over 1200 Miles on the clock and the engine seems to be loosening up ... consumption now at 39.2 MPG Wink

(And thats WITH Cruise Control) ...

You have done a few more than me then! Im showing 35.3 after 500 miles.

I am trying to get over my reluctance to bang loads of miles on expensive new cars. I know i should just enjoy it !

RE: Is Anyone Making Poor Consumption a Issue With Dealer? - Biker - 16-04-2012 11:44pm

A question for the tech boffins on the DPF in the diesel models.
If by chance it could relate to the poor consumption figures, is it possible to modify or remove it altogether?

RE: Is Anyone Making Poor Consumption a Issue With Dealer? - ED209 - 16-04-2012 11:56pm

(16-04-2012 11:44pm)Biker Wrote:  A question for the tech boffins on the DPF in the diesel models.
If by chance it could relate to the poor consumption figures, is it possible to modify or remove it altogether?

Yes you can remove them, usually a remap is done at the same time.

RE: Is Anyone Making Poor Consumption a Issue With Dealer? - WorldTraveler - 17-04-2012 09:46am

Some figures ....

[attachment=1980]

[attachment=1979]

[attachment=1981]

RE: Is Anyone Making Poor Consumption a Issue With Dealer? - XFullFatTim - 17-04-2012 10:01am

WT, I can get that too in my Sd4 Auto, but when you compare your average with the claimed then the figure is almost 18% lower than the claimed 49mpg on the combined cycle for a TD4 Manual, that is a lot of fuel over the next year.

RE: Is Anyone Making Poor Consumption a Issue With Dealer? - WorldTraveler - 17-04-2012 10:15am

(17-04-2012 10:01am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  WT, I can get that too in my Sd4 Auto, but when you compare your average with the claimed then the figure is almost 18% lower than the claimed 49mpg on the combined cycle for a TD4 Manual, that is a lot of fuel over the next year.

I agree with you mate, I dont think I will manage to get this any better that that, Would be interesting to see what the quoted MPG is in the the Land of Litigation i.e. USA ?

RE: Is Anyone Making Poor Consumption a Issue With Dealer? - tash - 17-04-2012 09:05pm

Getting between 42 & 45mpg in the ed4 with around 2800 miles on clock, got 48mpg on long drive from Slough last week.

Pretty good but not 56mpg as claimed but as noted it never would be can always take 20% off

RE: Is Anyone Making Poor Consumption a Issue With Dealer? - WorldTraveler - 19-04-2012 09:25am

Land Rover Quoted Figures for a TD4 Manual:

Performance (Manufacturer's Estimates): TD4 Manual
Fuel Economy: TD4 Manual
Urban mpg (L/100km) 42.2 (6.7)
Extra urban mpg (L/100km) 54.3 (5.2)
Combined mpg (L/100km) 49.6 (5.7)

I think that most would agree that we will be extreemly lucky to see thier Urban figure on our Extra Urban trips, never mind the combined figures quoted, speaking from my own experience I am seeing a least 25% discrepency in thier "estimated" Vs my actual Extra Urban figures.

May be an idea to complain to the dealer, and if refuted, challange them to obtain these "Estimated" figures in your vehicle.

As a side note, I did see that in another forum someone had "chipped/remapped" thier TD4 and are obtaining 50mpg on a regular basis ...

RE: Is Anyone Making Poor Consumption a Issue With Dealer? - mohastie - 21-04-2012 10:20pm

(16-04-2012 04:19pm)WorldTraveler Wrote:  Over 1200 Miles on the clock and the engine seems to be loosening up ... consumption now at 39.2 MPG Wink

(And thats WITH Cruise Control) ...

Dito Worldtraveler. My TD4 Manual now has just over 1300 miles on clock. Worked out mileage for last tank of fuel and got 39.9 mpg. First tank got only 32mpg, and figures riseing with each fill. car loosening off nicely. Got over 43mpg with my old Rav4, same driveing style and roads, and hopefully won`t be too far from that figure after about 5000 miles on the clock of my baby RR. No chance of getting quoted 49mpg, but cheaper road tax helps a bit. People moaning too much about not getting quoted mpg figures better not draw too much attension to the differences in the figures quotted and achieved. George Osbourne looking for any excuse to raise the road tax to over £400 per/anum because of higher CO2 emmissions than the 149g/km quotted on the TD4. This is an amazeing motor to drive, just think yourself lucky to be able to afford to buy one, and enjoy it.
(ps. sorry for any spelling mistakes, too much wine consumed tonight. hick!!)Embarrassed