babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Private Reg Plates. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Private Reg Plates. (/Thread-Private-Reg-Plates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Private Reg Plates. - Ghost Rider - 04-04-2012 03:38pm

It is also worth considering the implications if your car is written. Once your insurance claim is settled the vehicle and therefore its registration mark become the property of the insurance company. Therfore you need to arrange transfer or retention of your number plate before settlement. It is worth advising your insurance company at the outset you have a personalised plate.

RE: Private Reg Plates. - WB - 04-04-2012 04:33pm

(04-04-2012 03:38pm)Ghost Rider Wrote:  It is also worth considering the implications if your car is written. Once your insurance claim is settled the vehicle and therefore its registration mark become the property of the insurance company. Therfore you need to arrange transfer or retention of your number plate before settlement. It is worth advising your insurance company at the outset you have a personalised plate.

Wouldn't the insurance company be aware because the registration plate is on the certificate!?

RE: Private Reg Plates. - XFullFatTim - 04-04-2012 05:01pm

But in these days of non-disclosure you have to tell them that it's a cherished plate to get it covered, especially as so many look like standard plates

RE: Private Reg Plates. - Ghost Rider - 04-04-2012 07:04pm

(04-04-2012 04:33pm)WB Wrote:  Wouldn't the insurance company be aware because the registration plate is on the certificate!?

Maybe if you have A1 or something but you may have a plate such as BE57 EVR and as demonstrared on this forum not everybody recognised it as a plate somebody would be prepared to pay money for

RE: Private Reg Plates. - Mudi1 - 04-04-2012 10:31pm

Back to the original point, valeter, how about EVO as the last three letters?

Plates - Advised by Dealer - Broadsword1959 - 10-04-2012 11:15pm

Just been advised by the Dealer that the last 3 on Plate will be WPW.

The other half has already come up with Winnie Pooh's Wheels!!!

I can think of no other more urgent reason to get a Private Plate!

RE: Private Reg Plates. - mark_n - 11-04-2012 05:47am

(04-04-2012 10:31pm)Mudi1 Wrote:  Back to the original point, valeter, how about EVO as the last three letters?

I had a look for such plates when I bought my car, nothing much. Keep in mind that the Mitsubishi EVO has been around for a while which means the good numbers have been snaffled. Something like A1 EVO would have been good. The new style registration plates don't make great combinations IMHO.

RE: Private Reg Plates. - Token - 11-04-2012 09:20am

The new style plates can be good...i.e. if the car isn't quick enough for you, you could have TO05 LOW

It works out well for me, because my company name is 7 letters with the 3rd and 4th being L and I

RE: Plates - Advised by Dealer - Mudi1 - 11-04-2012 09:30am

(10-04-2012 11:15pm)Broadsword1959 Wrote:  Just been advised by the Dealer that the last 3 on Plate will be WPW.

The other half has already come up with Winnie Pooh's Wheels!!!

I can think of no other more urgent reason to get a Private Plate!

I had a Kentucky Fried Goose
(11-04-2012 05:47am)mark_n Wrote:  I had a look for such plates when I bought my car, nothing much. Keep in mind that the Mitsubishi EVO has been around for a while which means the good numbers have been snaffled. Something like A1 EVO would have been good. The new style registration plates don't make great combinations IMHO.

My12 MRK (dvla £815). Not that I spent time looking for you, ha

RE: Private Reg Plates. - The Valeter - 11-04-2012 11:19pm

(11-04-2012 05:47am)mark_n Wrote:  I had a look for such plates when I bought my car, nothing much. Keep in mind that the Mitsubishi EVO has been around for a while which means the good numbers have been snaffled. Something like A1 EVO would have been good. The new style registration plates don't make great combinations IMHO.

I did think EVO when I first started looking but I too initially thought of Mitsubishi EVOlution! My car came with ** 12 VOC which has had a few comments. I was given a list of plates & this in my oppinion was the only relevant one there.
I think if I get a plate it will be one with my initials on & they are APS but I don't want to spend silly money!