babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? (/Thread-Anyone-seen-Indus-Silver-in-the-flesh)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - benzina - 21-11-2011 08:20am

Thanks DDX....Kind of like the idea of it being exclusive to Indus. I'm amazed they are going to the trouble for just one colour, but also a another good sign of attention to detail.
I fully agree with you on Indus being underrated. It will be exactly as you described. Really looking forward to it.

P.S I might try and search for that chart you spoke of, just out of interest.

Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - DDX - 21-11-2011 08:20am

Mark, have a look at this thread for photos of firenze with gloss black silver trims

http://babyrr.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1928

Looks really good

RE: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - mark_n - 21-11-2011 11:56am

Thanks DDX, I had missed that. My inclination would be not to have gloss black but a more matt finish but it certainly tidies up the appearance. The danger is that if the colour matches the background, they disappear and the cars will look really weird, so i think I will live with it for a few weeks first.

Edit: When my dealer first showed me Indus on the samplers, the colour had much more metallic dosing than the silver cars I have seen for real. I've seen in other manufacturers (OK, Porsche) how this can make the colour more interesting. I still think Indus is a great colour though and may yet regret changing to Firenze.

RE: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - J77 - 21-11-2011 03:37pm

Having seen Indus silver in the flesh at the LR experience it didn't float my boat. That said, the car was a prestige with no contrast roof maybe in dynamic form with contrast roof it may look better.

RE: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - Deekster - 21-11-2011 04:36pm

I have also seen the Indus Silver in the flesh and been rather underwhelmed. Orkney Grey, on the other hand, is the big surprise. In my opinion, it runs a close second to white.

RE: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - Big G - 21-11-2011 05:12pm

??

RE: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - Craig_d1 - 21-11-2011 05:35pm

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Pure-Firenze-Red-5-Door?page=3

Nice pic of Indus with black wheels here. Seen one at dealer too. Think it looks nice. It was on a prestige but think it would look better on dynamic or pure so you get more of a contrast with front grill etc

RE: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - Tony - 22-11-2011 09:45am

Try this about 40 seconds in, 5 door Indus Dynamic with black roof

RE: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - benzina - 22-11-2011 10:25am

When i first saw your post,i was sooo excited, but then, their it was again...rego 656 CBS. I've fallen for that before aswell.....that particular one is actually inpanema sand. Looks very much like silver in the pics, and at least it gives an idea of what the Indus with the black roof would like like. The Indus version will also have Orkney Grey to it's front and rear upside down U panels underneath.
I've trawled the internet relentlessly (boardering on obsession) trying to find a picture of a Dynamic Indus silver with the black roof, and unfortunately,it still alludes me. Thanks for trying just the same.
If anyone can find one,you will be a champion....please post here if you do.

RE: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - berlin2011 - 22-11-2011 10:48am

Here you go

[attachment=731] [attachment=732]