babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Proper competition - Porsche Macan - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/Forum-Off-Topic)
+---- Forum: Other Vehicles (/Forum-Other-Vehicles)
+---- Thread: Proper competition - Porsche Macan (/Thread-Proper-competition-Porsche-Macan)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Proper competition - Porsche Macan - Bobthefish - 09-11-2012 09:46am

I hadn't seen this before, but dear me Porsche's styling department are not doing well! That thing looks awful, like a cross between a Nissan Juke and one of those horrible new Lexus 4x4's. Just say no. Also +1 to a hot Evoque, I think it would be a nice addition too the family.

RE: Proper competition - Porsche Macan - LonnyGer - 12-11-2012 08:27am

Somehow it reminds me of this big infinity SUV:

[Image: infiniti_suv-6492.jpg]

[Image: Porsche-Macan-2013-Erlkönig-SUV-03.jpg]

For those people driving a Audi Q3 or Q5 it will be a proper alternative, the design isn't my taste at all but

it isn't as boring as those Audi Designs plus they get the prestigious chance to own a Porsche.

Hopefully my Evoque will arrive before the Macan is released Laughing.

RE: Proper competition - Porsche Macan - chiggy - 15-11-2012 03:25am

I like the Infinity F50 (5L Supercharged VCool.

The porsche is horrible.

RE: Proper competition - Porsche Macan - Evo-king - 15-11-2012 11:51pm

From some of the early sketches I have to admit I might have been tempted, seeing these latest pics now I wouldn't even contemplate going out of my way to view one.

RE: Proper competition - Porsche Macan - GibEvoque - 15-05-2013 04:53pm

I was thinking about one of these today as afuture replacement, just unsure about the rear end. The roof line needs to be longer and higher, and the hatch steeper to give it a better line.

RE: Proper competition - Porsche Macan - PhilSkill - 20-11-2013 12:29pm

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=28887

Wish they did the Evoque in this Blue...

Proper competition - Porsche Macan - MarkA_ - 20-11-2013 01:02pm

Looks like they fixed the dodgy rear lights. It actually looks quite nice in its final form. IMHO, of course Smile

RE: Proper competition - Porsche Macan - XFullFatTim - 20-11-2013 03:10pm

If the drive train is as good as the Cayenne's then it will be as good (maybe better) than a Disco/RRS/FFRR off road. Cayenne is extremely competent with all it's clever diff-locks that FFRR etc don't have, just that very very few owners try them offroad.
The Cayenne does have one weakness off road though, when it does get stuck it has hopeless recovery points................. basically they are the transportation lashing down points.

RE: Proper competition - Porsche Macan - PhilSkill - 20-11-2013 03:25pm

(20-11-2013 01:02pm)MarkA_ Wrote:  Looks like they fixed the dodgy rear lights. It actually looks quite nice in its final form. IMHO, of course Smile

It does look better in those pictures, that car Tim and I sat in at the Evoque meet looked awful at the back!