babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Issues with Paint from Japan - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Issues with Paint from Japan (/Thread-Issues-with-Paint-from-Japan)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Issues with Paint from Japan - Kermit - 20-04-2011 02:55am

Grey is so last year, decade, century. Laughing Be bold and get something bright. I white think suits the vehicle's shape, though.

RE: Issues with Paint from Japan - XFullFatTim - 20-04-2011 09:50am

Would love one in Tangiers Orange, but doubt that Land Rover will ever produce a G4 special Evoque with an expedition roofrack, winch on the front, raised intake and all the off-road kit like this RRS G4 http://www.neneoverland.co.uk/4x4rangerover/used4x4rangeroverBV55YZC.htm
or this Freelander2 G4 http://www.g4ownersclub.com/Forum/Topic9733-4-1.aspx

RE: Issues with Paint from Japan - Kermit - 20-04-2011 11:20am

Nice looking vehicles. You could always get white and then get it wrapped in orange.

RE: Issues with Paint from Japan - M.I.B - 20-04-2011 05:39pm

Dealer has just confirmed re the paint problem, but only after i sent them an email, but was not able to tell me what colours are going to be available, so unable to change order at the moment.
Not unless anyone knows different.

RE: Issues with Paint from Japan - XFullFatTim - 20-04-2011 05:44pm

There's still plenty of time to change the colour before customer builds start in August for September deliveries

RE: Issues with Paint from Japan - LRX - 21-04-2011 02:43pm

Urgent: Exterior Paint Supply Issue

Dear Colleague

Following the devastating events in Japan in March we have been closely monitoring and assessing our supply chain in order to identify any issues.

Whilst Jaguar Land Rover has been able to contain potential disruption to date we do now have to take action in respect of one area of supply – Metallic paint.

This issue, which affects a number of automotive manufacturers, relates to the availability of 'xirallic' flakes that are an essential component of some of our metallic paints.

This issue affects 15 of our paint colours for 11MY and 12MY vehicles and as a consequence we are taking the following actions:

Replacing colours with close alternatives
Removing or suspending colours from the line-up
Delaying launch of colours
The 15 affected colours are Santorini Black, Stornoway Grey, Lago Grey, Firenze Red, Baltic Blue, Bali Blue, Kosrae Green, Nara Bronze, Rimini Red, Rousillon Red, Aintree Green, Colima Lime, Barolo Black, Havana and Mauritius Blue.

Replacement Colours - to be introduced in June and maintained in place for several months until further notice:

Santorini Black will be replaced with Sumatra Black (previously used on 08MY Freelander)
Stornoway Grey will be replaced with Orkney Grey (identical to the Jaguar colour Lunar Grey)
Baltic Blue will be replaced with Buckingham Blue (previously used on 10MY Solihull products)
Kosrae Green will be replaced with Galway Green
Removed Colours - no longer available on orders from June onwards. These colours will not be reintroduced:

Bali Blue (not available on Discovery and Range Rover Sport from 22/04/11)
Lago Grey
Rimini Red
Removed and Delayed Colours - not available on orders from June onwards. Reintroduction timing to be confirmed:

Nara Bronze
Firenze Red* (will not be introduced on Freelander in May. Limited availability for Freelander LE2 only)
Aintree Green
Colima Lime*
Mauritius Blue*
Barolo Black
Havana
Rousillon Red (limited availability for 11MY Range Rover Ultimate Edition only)
*Plan to introduce on Range Rover Evoque in Q1 2012

9 Unaffected Colours:

Fuji White
Zermatt/Indus Silver
Siberian Silver
Galway Green
Ipanema Sand
Bournville
Marmaris Teal
Tamar Blue
Keswick Green
Current orders in the order bank will unavoidably be affected and the Sales and Supply Operations team will contact markets to communicate the process for amendments.

We appreciate the disruption this causes and ask for your understanding in managing the constraints we are facing in these unforeseeable circumstances. Our priority with these actions has been to continue to offer our customers a wide range of colour choices.

RE: Issues with Paint from Japan - cjfp - 21-04-2011 05:00pm

IT APPEARS THAT THE LR WEBSITE (IE THE BUILD AND PRICE SECTION) HAS BEEN UPDATED FOR THE NEW COLOUR RANGE [WITH TIMING INFORMATION].

RE: Issues with Paint from Japan - XFullFatTim - 21-04-2011 05:16pm

I see that the rear vents have also been removed from the options list on the website................

RE: Issues with Paint from Japan - LRX - 21-04-2011 05:37pm

Maybe I'm being harsh, but seems cheeky that they're still charging £550 for a substitute paint.
(21-04-2011 05:16pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  I see that the rear vents have also been removed from the options list on the website................

I've never seen/heard of rear vents.

RE: Issues with Paint from Japan - cjfp - 21-04-2011 05:43pm

Yes, harsh.
Rear aircon vents were in original options list - hopefully their absence is just an error.