babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Landrover Website. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Landrover Website. (/Thread-Landrover-Website--8111)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Landrover Website. - Tony - 20-02-2014 09:02pm

(20-02-2014 08:45pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Yes I imagine it must be a Web site error, but to specify such a specific price!? And after all this time... or they are trying to keep the costs the same for the base options and dropping features rather than raising prices...?

I haven't downloaded the brochure, is it the same in there?

The e-brochure I downloaded yesterday has got the date 2013 on the last page, so I assume its from the latter part of last year when the 2014MY started.

It could be that they have taken the tread plates and metal pedals off standard spec and included metalic paint as standard as its about the same value. However, all the other makes I have looked at recently charge extra for metalic, the only reason there is one flat colour in the range is so they can charge extra for all the others - or am I getting synical!

RE: Landrover Website. - The Valeter - 21-02-2014 01:27am

Metallic paint has been standard now for around 18 Months,,,,,,,,,,,well sort of standard!!! It became standard the same day the price of the car rose by £500, funnily enough the same cost as metallic paint so in theory it is still a cost but included in the base price so the only time you lose out is if you buy a white one.

Landrover Website. - babyhazey - 21-02-2014 09:51am

Tread plates are standard on dy lux as they weren't an option when I ordered mine 3 weeks ago.

In the other thread with a rr rep they confirmed that © 2013 was the 2014 model issue as it shows the 9 speed gearbox.

Illuminated tread plates is listed as standard on the Dynamic.

Smile

RE: Landrover Website. - Tony - 21-02-2014 11:04am

(21-02-2014 01:27am)The Valeter Wrote:  Metallic paint has been standard now for around 18 Months,,,,,,,,,,,well sort of standard!!! It became standard the same day the price of the car rose by £500, funnily enough the same cost as metallic paint so in theory it is still a cost but included in the base price so the only time you lose out is if you buy a white one.

Thanks, not aware of that, this is the first Evoque price list we have looked at since we ordered ours in 2011, we have been giving other makes very close scrutiny though!.

RE: Landrover Website. - Evo-king - 22-02-2014 05:29pm

I ordered a replacement Dynamic 9spd Auto on Thursday.

The on line configurator has a number of flaws, I queried some of these with my salesman, illuminated tread plates, sports pedals, stlll on order, active driveline not available yet on an SD4 and so on.

I had to add the flaming aeroflip lip spoiler for £150, a disgrace, I ought to try an remove the one on my car!

Heated Steering wheel is not showing as an option and as a result forgot to order it, that has to be added, and although this has been discussed many times on here, do I go for the spare wheel, haven't got it on my current Evoque?

Landrover Website. - Stadt Panzer - 22-02-2014 05:46pm

Efficient drive line was listed on the build sheet for my SD4! Same thing as active drive line?

RE: Landrover Website. - XFullFatTim - 23-02-2014 06:39am

SP, mine was showing as Less Intelligent drive Line! Basically the active drive isn't yet available according to my sources - it's heading the same way as the InControl - brochures say YES, LR say Not yet ready for SD4 but standard now on Si4

Landrover Website. - Stadt Panzer - 23-02-2014 09:35am

Tim buddy, very interesting as mine has option number 027JB which is listed as efficient drive line in the build sheet.

What is the option number active?

RE: Landrover Website. - vinny - 23-02-2014 10:54am

I had a new 9 speed sd4 auto loaner last week and when you select 4x4 info on the screen it shows a diagram of the drive train with a graphic showing a padlock indicating a centre diff.
When you were driving normally it was green with the padlock symbol unlocked when you accelerated quickly or went round a quick bend the padlock closed and went red to indicate the rear wheels were now being driven.
Is this active drive line or what?didn't think it was available on sd4 but unsure now?
Thought the 9sp was fantastic but the MPG indicator showed the same numbers as my sd4 manual so not sure if it would be any more efficient (34.5 MPG) but certainly quicker especially good in dynamic mode which was a new experience for me Very Happy

RE: Landrover Website. - XFullFatTim - 23-02-2014 12:33pm

Active drive isn't yet available on SD4 and won't be until later this year. The ED4 shouldn't have that display as it is only front wheel drive and doesn't even have the option of a TR selector. I have driven FFRR's and RRS's that have had the optional e-diff and what you describe sounds exactly the same as their system shows on the 4x4 Info screen that they have had since 2005 in the RRS and 2008 in FFRR. E-diff was always standard on the Supercharged RRS and FFRR's