babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos (/Thread-OUCH-I-ve-broken-the-tailgate-resized-photos)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - PhilSkill - 25-04-2013 01:58pm

The silver gaffer tape has a certain character about it...

RE: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - scrannel - 25-04-2013 02:10pm

(25-04-2013 01:58pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  The silver gaffer tape has a certain character about it...

Totally agree! Don't screw things up by fixing it.

RE: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - XFullFatTim - 25-04-2013 03:46pm

You mean it makes the cracks more obvious? Wink)

RE: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - slee18 - 25-04-2013 05:22pm

Tim to upgrade Tim! you I know you have the new RRS on order thats why you did this!

RE: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - XFullFatTim - 25-04-2013 05:44pm

No New RRS on order, in fact I got my "expression if interest" payment placed on one in 2010 returned yesterday. It is now too expensive for what you get and I have to buy my cars and run them out of my pocket. I specced up an HSE Dynamic SDv66 with only couple of the more used options I have on the Evoque and suddenly was looking at £78000 before I put on a tow hitch (£1200, but is electrically deployed!) and that was for the 5 seater not the 7 seat option.

RE: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - SINGHY - 25-04-2013 07:03pm

Tim that's a really desperate attempt at getting your Fuji white to look more like an Orkney grey, come on admit it you like the grey better than the ubiquitous white. Sorry to hear of your misdemeanour but I'm sure it'll be like new when fixed.

RE: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - Evo-king - 25-04-2013 09:31pm

It is slowly beginning to look like one of those camo versions leaving Gaydon, and Tim was there a few days back. Laughing

RE: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - edgedata - 26-04-2013 12:41am

(24-04-2013 04:47pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I'm just about to pop into Park Royal Screw-Fix or B&Q as it has been suggested I should peel off the silver gaffer tale and replace it with some white gaffer tape so the temporary fix isn't quite so obvious! Now why didn't I think of that in the first place! Thanks for the suggestion James@Hadley Green.
Just back....... Loads of silver and black, green and yellow even "transparent" which isn't really transparent, but no White in stock!

Maplins is the place to be for white gaffer tape Tim.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/gaffer-tape-33752

RE: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - SebM - 26-04-2013 07:34am

Ouch Sad

RE: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - recordman - 27-04-2013 08:34am

Have you had a quote for the repair yet Tim?