babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Which cherished plate? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Which cherished plate? (/Thread-Which-cherished-plate)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Which cherished plate? - Firenze - 12-01-2012 07:53pm

After a bit of advice about transfering my plate to my Evoque (due march) is it better to put it on retention then let dealer put it on the Evoque from day one or get the Evoque with the 12 plate on it then transfer mine to it?

I've previously just transfered from one car to another so saving on the retention fee.

The only thing I thought was if I do it myself I will already have the 12 plate to put back on when I sell it (hopefully not for a few years-fingers crossed it will be reliable!)

RE: Which cherished plate? - Evo-king - 12-01-2012 10:07pm

Transfer it, you pay £80 to put it on retention.

RE: Which cherished plate? - bangingmegums - 07-05-2017 10:55am

Just got my personal plate on my baby RR & ive received tons of interest & ive even had 3 offers for a sale, I know it's illegal because of spacing of letters & letter font also, but I'm chuffed it adds a special touch to my new car Car private plate is EV09UED

RE: Which cherished plate? - Donny Dog - 07-05-2017 01:57pm

(12-01-2012 07:53pm)Firenze Wrote:  After a bit of advice about transfering my plate to my Evoque (due march) is it better to put it on retention then let dealer put it on the Evoque from day one or get the Evoque with the 12 plate on it then transfer mine to it?

I've previously just transfered from one car to another so saving on the retention fee.

The only thing I thought was if I do it myself I will already have the 12 plate to put back on when I sell it (hopefully not for a few years-fingers crossed it will be reliable!)

You don't necessarily get the old number back. I did this last week and got an entirely different registration number.