babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Remote Tailgate Closing Mod - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Remote Tailgate Closing Mod (/Thread-Remote-Tailgate-Closing-Mod)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Remote Tailgate Closing Mod - XFullFatTim - 19-09-2012 08:22am

You still have to have the lifting motor as well as the remote control release

RE: Remote Tailgate Closing Mod - PhilSkill - 19-09-2012 09:00am

I wonder if this official key-fob closing will be available as a retrofit, maybe in a software update...

It would be nice as I have touched my knee on the big open button on the dash getting in a couple of times and have to get out again to close it.

RE: Remote Tailgate Closing Mod - IKM - 19-09-2012 10:23am

(19-09-2012 08:11am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Well according to the configurator and The Valeter the tailgate now comes with remote closing as well as opening
Could it be that LR are now paying attention to this forum, as remote closing (amongst other issues) has been a hot topic?

RE: Remote Tailgate Closing Mod - XFullFatTim - 19-09-2012 10:58am

Well due to popular demand on the various forums they added the Premium leather interior of the prestige to the Dynamic, it will be interesting to see how many actually get sold and if the option stays beyond a year as I suspect very few will go that route now, most of those making a big noise about it already have their Prestiges and doubtless aren't thinking of changing them for a while.

RE: Remote Tailgate Closing Mod - Bowl - 22-09-2012 03:19pm

PDF uploaded (sorry about the file size)

Here's the link
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37067984/Tailgate%20Closing%20Mod.pdf

RE: Remote Tailgate Closing Mod (PDF uploaded) - torchredfrc - 22-09-2012 11:16pm

Getting a 404 error on the pdf. Can you verify the link is correct please?

RE: Remote Tailgate Closing Mod (PDF uploaded) - Bowl - 22-09-2012 11:20pm

(22-09-2012 11:16pm)torchredfrc Wrote:  Getting a 404 error on the pdf. Can you verify the link is correct please?

Sorry, I was updating the file. Could you try again please?

RE: Remote Tailgate Closing Mod (PDF uploaded) - torchredfrc - 07-10-2012 05:35am

Just grabbed the pdf. Thanks!

RE: Remote Tailgate Closing Mod (PDF uploaded) - Bowl - 07-10-2012 08:55am

(07-10-2012 05:35am)torchredfrc Wrote:  Just grabbed the pdf. Thanks!

First thank after 500+ downloads. Thank you!! LOL Laughing

RE: Remote Tailgate Closing Mod (PDF uploaded) - autodidact - 10-10-2012 11:36am

Quote:I wonder if this official key-fob closing will be available as a retrofit, maybe in a software update...

A software update should be able to fix this — yes, I do consider the lack of closing the tailgate from the smartkey to be a broken feature.

I've noticed the lock makes a move and creates a sound when the smartkey is pressed, so the signal is received but not processed to initiate a close — as it should.

Closing it with the lap full of goods from the boot is actually more frequently missed than the need to open it, and my 6 year old cannot reach the button after fetching her school bag — we have to get out of the car to close the tailgate ...