babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Impending fuel strikes - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Impending fuel strikes (/Thread-Impending-fuel-strikes)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Impending fuel strikes - THEMACS - 28-03-2012 09:22pm

Its a Bloody Farce!! By telling people not to Panic, it has the Complete opposite effect, and these so called Intelligent People are running our Country!! God Help us All!!

RE: Impending fuel strikes - Evo-king - 28-03-2012 09:30pm

I wouldn't have bothered but for our Halewood visit.

We don't have problem with red wine do we, I'm running out of that as well.Rolling with Laughter

RE: Impending fuel strikes - Sarcastrix - 28-03-2012 09:31pm

everyone is panic buying, but it by the time any strike starts their car tanks will be empty again.

RE: Impending fuel strikes - XFullFatTim - 28-03-2012 11:18pm

Unlike yesterday, today when I drove passed the supermarket filling station no queue, the 1 car on the forecourt had the choice of another 11 pumps and a tanker was pulling in to make a delivery. Price had gone up 1p a litre though to £1.449 - glad I filled up both cars earlier in the week, 50p saved between them! It's also coming up to end of year results so the oil companies will be turning huge profits again. Like the DHL problem at Halewood though the tanker drivers are subcontracted labour apparently, most are employed by a company called Hoyer

RE: Impending fuel strikes - Daglass - 29-03-2012 06:25am

I have 75 miles left in the tank and last night I drove past the filling station while eating a roasting hot pasty-two fingers to the system!!

RE: Impending fuel strikes - XFullFatTim - 29-03-2012 09:10am

Ah but did your pastie shop shut 5 years ago, if not then the pastie eating doesn't qualify Shocked

What must overseas readers be wondering about our nation when all our media can find to report on is the Prime Minister's pie eating habits

RE: Impending fuel strikes - WorldTraveler - 29-03-2012 09:56am

(29-03-2012 06:25am)Daglass Wrote:  I have 75 miles left in the tank and last night I drove past the filling station while eating a roasting hot pasty-two fingers to the system!!

+1 Thumbs Up

Was reading this thread and thought someone is bound to chuck in something about Pasties and Garage forcouts in here somewhere Smile

RE: Impending fuel strikes - RacingSnake - 29-03-2012 10:15am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17545739
"Fuel strike threat: Top-up advised when tank half-full"

Jeez.

RE: Impending fuel strikes - Daglass - 29-03-2012 10:17am

but is the tank half full or half empty?

RE: Impending fuel strikes - WorldTraveler - 29-03-2012 10:20am

(29-03-2012 10:17am)Daglass Wrote:  but is the tank half full or half empty?

Thumbs Up Depends whether you live in the north or the south Wink