babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Proper competition - Porsche Macan - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/Forum-Off-Topic)
+---- Forum: Other Vehicles (/Forum-Other-Vehicles)
+---- Thread: Proper competition - Porsche Macan (/Thread-Proper-competition-Porsche-Macan)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Proper competition - Porsche Macan - XFullFatTim - 07-11-2012 04:21pm

Well there is no mistaking for anything other than a Porsche is there? Looks like a poor compromise between a Panamera and a Cayenne. Doubtless it will sell by the bucketload and will be very capable (well as good as the Toureg/ Tiguan that it is based on. Skoda and Seat will be offering versions shortly...............

Re: Proper competition - Porsche Macan - Easty - 07-11-2012 06:18pm

Porsche, re-defining fugly..

Sent from my ST17a using Tapatalk 2

RE: Proper competition - Porsche Macan - Ian s - 07-11-2012 07:23pm

why do people want fast 4x4 for its about total ability is it not..put the x3 up against an evoque on the brown stuff and it would be a joke..they are what they are if its not fast enough by a sports car...

Re: RE: Proper competition - Porsche Macan - Easty - 07-11-2012 08:43pm

(07-11-2012 07:23pm)Ian s Wrote:  why do people want fast 4x4 for its about total ability is it not..put the x3 up against an evoque on the brown stuff and it would be a joke..they are what they are if its not fast enough by a sports car...

People dont know what they want. Most people who want sports cars think they want race cars.. Not thinking they dont work when not at 100% and need a team to look after them. I think once you realise you either go for good at everything great at nothing.. Or focused racer/offroad vehicle. You start buying vehicles that really match your purpose. with motorcycles i have a multistrada duelsport light off road and great tourer and a 1100 duke racebike for the track. I really think the multistrada is the two wheel evoque.

RE: Proper competition - Porsche Macan - XFullFatTim - 07-11-2012 11:15pm

Forget the Porsches if you want a fast 4x4. Spend the money on a Bowler instead, they will out run a Cayenne on AND off the road, and they look like something nice too. The newest Bowler will set you back £120k for a 2 seater RRS look-a-like. Some what less will get you a 5.0 race tuned Defender-a-like from them too, and that really does scare the Cayenne. OK so they are made from GRP, but so are Lotuses.http://www.bowlermotorsport.com/range/exr-s/
Only it's mother could love it but by god it can't half shift on road or off road

RE: Proper competition - Porsche Macan - WB - 08-11-2012 12:38pm

Tim, not sure how to put this tactfully but that Bowler looks like a Range Rover put through a blender.

RE: Proper competition - Porsche Macan - Big G - 08-11-2012 12:49pm

(10-05-2012 10:16am)PhilSkill Wrote:  I think the Nissan Juke is comparable in looks... Shocked
+1 and then ironed !

RE: Proper competition - Porsche Macan - XFullFatTim - 08-11-2012 05:02pm

WB, it is!

RE: Proper competition - Porsche Macan - PhilSkill - 08-11-2012 08:58pm

The Bowler looks like the offspring of a Sport and an Evoque, with some Freelanders as grandparents!

Re: Proper competition - Porsche Macan - Easty - 09-11-2012 12:12am

For that wodge id be looking at an Amg gwagon..