babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Evoque Replacement - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Evoque Replacement (/Thread-Evoque-Replacement)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Evoque Replacement - Chrisr1806 - 09-01-2015 10:16am

Thanks Mark. Need to visit my dealer.

RE: Evoque Replacement - J77 - 09-01-2015 11:49am

(09-01-2015 06:29am)mark_n Wrote:  End of 2015 I think.

Tim, is this new one going to be your only car? I'm hugely respectful of the car's heritage and abilities but I think it would be unbearably crude as an only-car. Perhaps I'm getting soft in my old-age...

This is the problem I have, the heritage looks great but has no radio or air con and there is no factory option for it either, doubt I'll go ahead with it. The adventure one looks a bit too bling for my liking.

RE: Evoque Replacement - XFullFatTim - 09-01-2015 01:15pm

Mark, having had to live with my 90 for 6 months between the Coupe going and the Zanzibar Evoque arriving I know I couldn't live with one of them as my only car, the Puma engined 90 has a reputation for being a bit bouncy on road, the added length and weight of the 110 means it is a much more pleasant drive. The difference in comfort between my 1996 90 and even a recent 90 is chalk and cheese different, the Puma is not in the same league as a Freelander2 or Evoque but bouncy ride apart, it's a much nicer drive than my current Defender. I'll give it a go for a couple of years and see how I get on - I shouldn't loose too much money on it if I want to sell it on. I'm really not sure what I would buy to replace it though.
Production ceases in December this year, no current new Defenders can be registered after April 1 2016 I believ due to the new emissions and safety rules, the Defender replacement won't come until 2017/2018 I read over on Defender2.net

RE: Evoque Replacement - J77 - 09-01-2015 10:26pm

Ok rather than a heritage special edition I thought about a 90 XS SW in Loire Blue with lunar premium leather seats and silver pack only to find I can't have one in Loire Blue Thud

I think it's Land Rovers way of saying I've to stick with the Disco sport Laughing

RE: Evoque Replacement - XFullFatTim - 10-01-2015 10:58am

Everyone who wants a blue Defender is really p*ssed off with LR for having dropped even the solid blue from the colour charts. Does seem an odd decision as the blues were quite popular.

RE: Evoque Replacement - Chrisr1806 - 10-01-2015 04:29pm

My RRS is Loire so not a problem for me. Laughing

I'm thinking Silver as never had a silver car before, I love red but don't want it to look like a fire car...