babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Engine Badge Removal - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Engine Badge Removal (/Thread-Engine-Badge-Removal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Engine Badge Removal - Gerbol - 13-09-2011 08:01pm

(13-09-2011 07:34pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Gerboi, Duckworth parts has a few of the RED Evoque badges for sale. Removing the black one is dead easy, and they are stuck on with super heavy duty sticky pads on the back of each letter - the replacements even come on a template card so you get them in the right place. here is the post regarding red badges http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Red-Evoque-Badges

Thanks XFFT, looks good. Hope you're still enjoying the new addition!

RE: Engine Badge Removal - XFullFatTim - 13-09-2011 08:57pm

Oh yes, it's great fun and I haven't had so much attention paid to me in years. EVERYBODY, even folks you wouldn't consider to be car nuts, come over to have a look at it if I park in the multi story carpark or at Sainsbury. For some fun I drove into the local BMW dealership and drove round their used car lot - nearly drove the salesmen crazy jumping up from their desks to see it, then I drove into Audi Stirling and did the same - not just the salesmen this time - several customers too. Tomorrow I will go back to Audi, park in front of their showroom windows and then go and tell them that that is what I bought as a result of their salesmen not responding to my visits and phone calls asking for info about an A6 Allroad........

RE: Engine Badge Removal - LP - 13-09-2011 10:24pm

Gerboi - on the Pure the lettering is black but it has a silver surround. It will show up on your black car.

[Image: 02dcda66-1f79-1a3c.jpg]

RE: Engine Badge Removal - mark_n - 14-09-2011 02:10am

(13-09-2011 08:57pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Tomorrow I will go back to Audi, park in front of their showroom windows and then go and tell them that that is what I bought as a result of their salesmen not responding to my visits and phone calls asking for info about an A6 Allroad........

Excellent!

RE: Engine Badge Removal - Acwats - 14-09-2011 06:49am

(14-09-2011 02:10am)mark_n Wrote:  
(13-09-2011 08:57pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Tomorrow I will go back to Audi, park in front of their showroom windows and then go and tell them that that is what I bought as a result of their salesmen not responding to my visits and phone calls asking for info about an A6 Allroad........

Excellent!

I was very interested in a Q3 but they never rang me or wanted to take a deposit. My local Audi dealer will be getting a long visit when mine arrives. Might even go to any launch events. Laughing

RE: Engine Badge Removal - XFullFatTim - 14-09-2011 09:36am

I would love to go to the local Mercedes dealers and rub it in their face, they even told me I couldn't afford to buy a Mercedes SLK last year when I turned up at the dealership in a 9 months old FFRR..................... but I won't, I just will never ever cross a mercedes dealership forecourt again as I am obviously too impoverished to buy their products.

RE: Engine Badge Removal - Zermatt Vulgaris - 14-09-2011 09:45am

A couple of years .. well a decade a go a mate of mine was in a bmw dealership sat in a Z3 the salesman passed by and said "someday son"

week later my mate went round to the BMW dealership in his brand new lotus and offered the salesman a ride in a "proper sports car"

I don't understand the attitude of some dealers you can't tell peoples net worth by the way they are dressed, what they drive or how they act.

I was told a story at one of scotland's better hotels that two guys had walked in in jeans and ordered off the Lunch time specials Menu and to go with it a 9k bottle of Wine. As the somelier who told us the story said I've given up trying to second guess after that.

Nice to hear about the attention Tim, Just don't lend it to someone .. I had one of the first Mk V Golf GTI in France and it used to get a lot of attention, lent it to a mate for a week whilst i was away ... problem was he kept on getting stopped in it and asked questions about it at petrol stations ... as he was not a car fan the response from my mate was " I think it's a golf " = some non plussed looking Frenchman .

on second thoughts perhaps try that once when someone asks you about.... " Yes it's some type of new land rover "

RE: Engine Badge Removal - DynamicRRV - 14-09-2011 11:17am

I once sold a car to a middle aged "scruffy" type who proceeded to extract £23k out of a Tesco carrier bag!

Never judge a book and all that!

RE: Engine Badge Removal - JiiPee - 19-10-2011 11:12pm

I know this thread is on engine badges but what about the Land Rover badge in the back. Is it black or green?

RE: Engine Badge Removal - The Valeter - 20-10-2011 12:18am

(30-08-2011 11:00am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Friend of mine who lives in Germany found his FFRR was delivered with a very nice chrome Union flag badge stuck on the tailgate! He didn't ask for it, it was there when the car was delivered

Pity we don't seem to have them on UK models.
(13-09-2011 08:57pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Oh yes, it's great fun and I haven't had so much attention paid to me in years. EVERYBODY, even folks you wouldn't consider to be car nuts, come over to have a look at it if I park in the multi story carpark or at Sainsbury. For some fun I drove into the local BMW dealership and drove round their used car lot - nearly drove the salesmen crazy jumping up from their desks to see it, then I drove into Audi Stirling and did the same - not just the salesmen this time - several customers too. Tomorrow I will go back to Audi, park in front of their showroom windows and then go and tell them that that is what I bought as a result of their salesmen not responding to my visits and phone calls asking for info about an A6 Allroad........

Excellent, love it!!
(14-09-2011 09:36am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I would love to go to the local Mercedes dealers and rub it in their face, they even told me I couldn't afford to buy a Mercedes SLK last year when I turned up at the dealership in a 9 months old FFRR..................... but I won't, I just will never ever cross a mercedes dealership forecourt again as I am obviously too impoverished to buy their products.

I valeted a guys car last year who also went into a Kent Mercedes garage. He went in in old work jeans & got a very similar responce as you did.
Very unfortunately for that dealer was the fact that the guy was a multi millionaire & went to another dealer to buy 3 top of the range Mercs - Cash!!
The result was the sales manager contacted him & said - that was a real learning curve....