babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
The trials and trbulations of trying to order a new car.... - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: The trials and trbulations of trying to order a new car.... (/Thread-The-trials-and-trbulations-of-trying-to-order-a-new-car)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: The trials and trbulations of trying to order a new car.... - XFullFatTim - 12-09-2013 05:31pm

You know you want to!

RE: The trials and trbulations of trying to order a new car.... - ChuckieB - 12-09-2013 08:16pm

(12-09-2013 05:09pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Don't tempt me! Laughing I'm staying away from those showrooms...

Although then I could get those shadow chrome wheels... And Firenze Red... and Contrast Roof...

No! I mustn't! Laughing

No! You must!

I'm only 18 months in and I can only foresee the desire to change if I really was prepared to jump from the manual to the new 9sp auto. What could finally tip me would be more power! so for the time being I'll continue soaking up the depreciation!

RE: The trials and trbulations of trying to order a new car.... - IKM - 13-09-2013 08:22am

Any idea when the Land Rover configurator for the Evoque will be updated? Building the revised model may just tempt me into making a decision to change sooner than later. Thanks

RE: The trials and trbulations of trying to order a new car.... - recordman - 13-09-2013 08:33am

(13-09-2013 08:22am)IKM Wrote:  Any idea when the Land Rover configurator for the Evoque will be updated? Building the revised model may just tempt me into making a decision to change sooner than later. Thanks

According to the press release the website will be updated on Oct 1

RE: The trials and trbulations of trying to order a new car.... - Evo-king - 13-09-2013 08:41am

Congrats Tim on your new order.

Good to see that in the end you stuck with an RRE, after quite a few negative RRE comments on the forums with owners going elsewhere, you have shown that you and the "steering committee" still approve of the car.

Can't wait to hear about your new driving impressions.

I hope you have sufficient time to get the Full Factory treatment, if you can't get it, no one can.

The RR Sport is a truly tempting vehicle, whenever the advert comes on the volume is turned up, and rewound and run again (I'm a bit sad really).

Good Luck with your new car Tim.

RE: The trials and trbulations of trying to order a new car.... - XFullFatTim - 13-09-2013 09:24am

An Evoque that can make the same noises out of the tailpipes as the new RRS and the F Type Jaguar, now that would go down well with owners, if not their neighbours!

RE: The trials and trbulations of trying to order a new car.... - J77 - 13-09-2013 10:09am

Looks a well speced car. I need to come over here more often, I'm loosing touch with what's happening. I was in getting the spill rail looked at on the Freely, so had a little look around I would be lying if I said I wasn't drawn to the Evoques in the showroom. There was a nice Indus silver with black contrast roof that caught my eye, unfortunately at the moment I need the extra boot space. It looks like the next one for me will be the baby Discovery/Fl3 whatever there going to call it.

RE: The trials and trbulations of trying to order a new car.... - XFullFatTim - 13-09-2013 10:14am

IKM, if you go into a dealership they can build a 2014MY car up for you now with the spreadsheets for spec and pricing
that LR issued to them.

RE: The trials and trbulations of trying to order a new car.... - XFullFatTim - 14-09-2013 10:11am

A couple of people have asked me about the optional Active Driveline on SD4 - I have checked with Jeremy at Hadley Green Land Rover who is dealing with my order and he advises that Active Driveline is not an option yet on 2014MY cars, it is standard on UK spec 2014MY Si4. Both SD4 and Si4 get Torque Vectoring as standard for 2014MY in the UK.
It is possible that Active Drive will be come optional on SD4 as a later MY upgrade.

RE: The trials and trbulations of trying to order a new car.... - IKM - 14-09-2013 10:32pm

(13-09-2013 10:14am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  IKM, if you go into a dealership they can build a 2014MY car up for you now with the spreadsheets for spec and pricing
that LR issued to them.
Thanks Tim, and looking forward to hearing more about your new Evoque. Best wishes.