babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos (/Thread-OUCH-I-ve-broken-the-tailgate-resized-photos)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - xxxx5 - 22-04-2013 07:38pm

Tim, sorry to hear about your little disaster, I think it will polish out easy.........

Hope you get it replaced whilst your in London.

RE: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - invoke - 22-04-2013 07:57pm

hummm... not good.. sorry to hear that

it looks like cardboard or some cheap china material..

thanks for sharing.. wont let kids ride bike around even..

RE: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - XFullFatTim - 22-04-2013 08:52pm

It's all very Eco friendly I'm sure, saves weight and its 100% recyclable, just not very strong. I was amazed at the amount of damage to the interior trim on the tailgate. My local dealers, Morrisons of Stirling are working out a quote for me too.

RE: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - Biker - 22-04-2013 10:13pm

In your picture, I had no idea a Lada had parking sensors Wink

On the flip side, now the rattle has stopped, you can offer JLR to inspect the cause of it from your tailgate for a "small" fee.

RE: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - Evo-king - 23-04-2013 09:26pm

Ouch indeed.

I hope you get it sorted out quickly Tim.

RE: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - jitenc - 23-04-2013 10:35pm

Sorry about your little disaster.... Are you sure it wasn't a tiger Woods scenario and someone had a shot with a golf club and you tried avoiding it and instead hit a tree? You could easily have sold that story...
Anyway, when are you down in London.... We could have a Fuji only meet up... I see about 3 on the way nearly everyday...

RE: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - IvorRedOne - 24-04-2013 12:28pm

(21-04-2013 08:05pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Spot of Gloss white dulux and some black gloss on the trim and nobody will notice the repair!
[Image: D5FECB68-11E5-4B63-BBCA-B92AB7C03770-473...97c79b.jpg]

Looking Good. Very Happy

RE: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - XFullFatTim - 24-04-2013 04:47pm

I'm just about to pop into Park Royal Screw-Fix or B&Q as it has been suggested I should peel off the silver gaffer tale and replace it with some white gaffer tape so the temporary fix isn't quite so obvious! Now why didn't I think of that in the first place! Thanks for the suggestion James@Hadley Green.
Just back....... Loads of silver and black, green and yellow even "transparent" which isn't really transparent, but no White in stock!

RE: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - WB - 25-04-2013 12:09pm

there's a homebase on the A40 not far from the B&Q - maybe give that a try.

RE: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - EVO PUNDITT - 25-04-2013 12:18pm

Ive got some gloss white wrapWink