babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
PI lowering springs - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: PI lowering springs (/Thread-PI-lowering-springs)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: PI lowering springs - XFullFatTim - 14-05-2014 11:05pm

(14-05-2014 10:53pm)JKEvoqueSI4 Wrote:  So is there another way of losing the gap between the top of the tyre and the wheel arch.

Yes, but you wouldn't like it! Fit a set of Mud Terrain tyres - Cool They fill the wheelarches beautifully and kerbing your alloys will be very difficult due to their deep sidewalls. Tyre life is hugely improved - my last set ran to 64000 miles when they became useless offroad but were still road-legal with 5-6 mm tread depth remaining and I sold them on to someone who never took their car offfroad!

RE: PI lowering springs - JKEvoqueSI4 - 14-05-2014 11:13pm

(14-05-2014 11:05pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Yes, but you wouldn't like it! Fit a set of Mud Terrain tyres - Cool They fill the wheelarches beautifully and kerbing your alloys will be very difficult due to their deep sidewalls. Tyre life is hugely improved - my last set ran to 64000 miles when they became useless offroad but were still road-legal with 5-6 mm tread depth remaining and I sold them on to someone who never took their car offfroad!

No I don't like that. Thanks for your idea though.

RE: PI lowering springs - RREVO - 15-05-2014 06:18pm

It seems that you can lower a car with adaptive suspension Very Happy

It was done by a member on here and he had also fitted 22" wheels. Shocked

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-White-evoque-on-black-kahn-rsf--5113

He said lowering the car made the drive better.

RE: PI lowering springs - XFullFatTim - 15-05-2014 06:20pm

A word of caution - Magneride is an optional extra on Dynamics in many overseas markets so that car may not be fitted with it

RE: PI lowering springs - RREVO - 15-05-2014 06:31pm

(15-05-2014 06:20pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  A word of caution - Magneride is an optional extra on Dynamics in many overseas markets so that car may not be fitted with it

Good point, I'd be interested to find someone who's lowered a Magneride car. Anyone Question

RE: PI lowering springs - JKEvoqueSI4 - 15-05-2014 08:49pm

(15-05-2014 06:31pm)RREVO Wrote:  Good point, I'd be interested to find someone who's lowered a Magneride car. Anyone Question

Yes would be interested to know.