babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Which cherished plate? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Which cherished plate? (/Thread-Which-cherished-plate)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Which cherished plate? - jewel-r - 01-01-2012 10:54pm

You do own the plates on retention IMHO. I bought the plates and can sell them, so can whoever buys them from me can do the same. Retention certificate means it can be kept off a car for 1 year, if it does not sell I can buy a certificate for another year
Sorry new to forum did not realise I coulnt post plates on this thread

RE: Which cherished plate? - broady43 - 01-01-2012 11:14pm

I am thinking of a private plate(Evoque related).The only reason is that at the moment there are not many Evoques about and the plates are quite cheap due to low demand but in a couple of years there will be about a million plus(more demand).I then sell the plate and put the money towards next Evoque.Very Happy

RE: Which cherished plate? - IKM - 01-01-2012 11:20pm

(01-01-2012 10:54pm)jewel-r Wrote:  You do own the plates on retention IMHO. I bought the plates and can sell them, so can whoever buys them from me can do the same. Retention certificate means it can be kept off a car for 1 year, if it does not sell I can buy a certificate for another year
Sorry new to forum did not realise I coulnt post plates on this thread
Thanks, stand corrected on retention.

RE: Which cherished plate? - Evo-king - 02-01-2012 12:38pm

XFullFatTim, how about your initials, then 11/12/62etc then RRE, we've been thinking about that.

RE: Which cherished plate? - The Valeter - 02-01-2012 12:58pm

There is a seller on ebay been touting H15 LRX for a while. I like it but not sure if most will understand it lol.

RE: Which cherished plate? - Evo-king - 02-01-2012 02:59pm

We would.Very HappyVery Happy

RE: Which cherished plate? - ED209 - 02-01-2012 03:07pm

Not one for cherished plates myself, I think unless they are expensive ones like 2 letters and 1 number they generally look a bit naff.

RE: Which cherished plate? - paulus599 - 02-01-2012 03:37pm

(02-01-2012 12:38pm)Evo-king Wrote:  XFullFatTim, how about your initials, then 11/12/62etc then RRE, we've been thinking about that.

I have V5 RRE. The V5 bit doesn't mean anything though unless I'm being very subtle (not like me!) and it relates to the car registration document Confused It's probably too subtle anyway, even friends and family have asked what the RRE stands for????

RE: Which cherished plate? - KPNuts - 03-01-2012 07:13pm

We have X4 **P (the **P being our initials) on the Evoque and the Tiguan. The two Defenders have *33 MUD (no 44's available and wanted 2 numbers only because of the square rear plate). Both the Defender plates were £250 each and the X4's were £500 each. Had the X4 plates for 10 years, so the purchase price pretty irrelevant and only £80 to transfer when changing vehicles.

I personally think the current registrations look crowded with 7 characters and a euro GB strip.

A friend has G4 LRX on retention. He bought it when the LRX was first shown. He was looking for several thousand, but that was before the Evoque name was chosen! Not sure what he wants now, given it is a less obvious plate. So far he has not tried selling it to us, but he does know we already have a good collection of plates.

RE: Which cherished plate? - ChuckieB - 12-01-2012 12:31am

(02-01-2012 03:37pm)paulus599 Wrote:  I have V5 RRE. The V5 bit doesn't mean anything though unless I'm being very subtle (not like me!) and it relates to the car registration document Confused It's probably too subtle anyway, even friends and family have asked what the RRE stands for????

Will look cool though and better than a 61 or 12 plate. So much so that I've joined you and just bagged V7 RRE! Around 500 'RRE' variants available on DVLA but for me this one, with a single digit, looked to be one of the better ones available . X's are slightly more pricey but there is currently more choice available.

All I need now is the damned car to put it on! Not sure the wife's so impressed but she'll come roundVery Happy