babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Spare wheel - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Spare wheel (/Thread-Spare-wheel--4755)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Spare wheel - PhilSkill - 25-10-2012 11:47am

I guess i'm in the Numpty tool group too!

Actually I think the Numpty, is the guy who buys a Vehicle without the spec he required... and the Tool, he complains about having to spend to get the spec required!

RE: Spare wheel - XFullFatTim - 25-10-2012 11:49am

Do we need a poll to find out who didn't spec the spare wheel................... Wink

RE: Spare wheel - PhilSkill - 25-10-2012 11:51am

Are you a Numpty Tool
  • YES
  • No
Laughing

RE: Spare wheel - ChuckieB - 25-10-2012 03:46pm

Yes - Twice over.
I now have 2 cars without spares and for one, there wasn't even an option for spacesaver! They were generous to provide two cans of Tyreweld though.

As said in a separate thread. all my punctures have manifested themselves at destination or at home. At home I now have replacements so I can quite comfortably live with my choice.

Do the non numpty's buy extended warranties for all all their electrical equipment? Discuss!

RE: Spare wheel - PhilSkill - 25-10-2012 04:16pm

I have a space saver in my Mazda, I checked it once in 8 years, it would probably be useless if I actually needed it!

(Thinks... must have a look now!)

RE: Spare wheel - alibeau - 25-10-2012 04:57pm

I am a NUMPTY TOOL....

Worst thing is, I pretty much ordered every other bloomin optional extra there was on offer, just didn't even enter my train of thought to order the spare wheel...... numpty tool....

Only a matter of months ago I presumed that cracked pano roofs happen to other people (and not me!) and I am now sat here thinking that I have never had a flat tyre in all my driving days (famous last words) so do I invest in a spare sometime soon given my recent track record?!?!

Numpty tool.....

Ali Smile

RE: Spare wheel - Evo-king - 25-10-2012 08:18pm

Ali,

Or you could try Tyre Insurance and Land Rover Assist.

RE: Spare wheel - Bessiebella - 25-10-2012 10:54pm

Hi I got a cancelled order so I didn't spec mine although it has everything I wanted exept the spare wheel, I was quoted around £6-700 for one from the dealers but Gorden Lamb were selling them on eBay for £385 free p&p
2 days after it came I had a puncture, car fuse was stuck in the tread of my back tyre, luckily it could be repaired so the £385 was well spent.[/align]

RE: Spare wheel - J77 - 26-10-2012 07:03pm

I'm a complete numpty, never had a spare in my last FL2 and don't have one in the Evoque, was looking at upgrading to another Evoque and still didn't spec a spare. I refuse to pay for an option that should be standard, even if that means sitting at the side of the road like a numpty.

It's maybe just luck but I've only had punctures on cars that have had spares.

RE: Spare wheel - cjfp - 26-10-2012 07:12pm

(26-10-2012 07:03pm)J77 Wrote:  I'm a complete numpty, never had a spare in my last FL2 and don't have one in the Evoque, was looking at upgrading to another Evoque and still didn't spec a spare. I refuse to pay for an option that should be standard, even if that means sitting at the side of the road like a numpty.

It's maybe just luck but I've only had punctures on cars that have had spares.

when you px the current Evoque, just send it in with 3 wheels, they'll never notice and voila you have a spare. Laughing