babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Evoque Sport - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Evoque Sport (/Thread-Evoque-Sport)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Evoque Sport - mark_n - 04-05-2012 08:18am

Now my Si4 is fully run in, I'm actually finding the performance about right for what the chassis can handle. A significant increase in power would have to be accompanied by improvements in the brakes and suspension. They are caught in a price squeeze though. A sport is likely to be fully loaded and may push the Evoque pricing out of its comfort zone.

The best performance drive in the segment is still likely to be a Porsche Macan when it appears but it will not have the same off-road pretensions the Evoque has. If an Evoque Sport loses them too, it will face a tough battle against the Macan in the driving dynamics department, in much the same way that an FFRE may be the preferred choice but loses to a Cayenne GTS in on-road ability.

So while I'm interested in a Sport, I'm as much concerned at what the car loses as what it gains.

RE: Evoque Sport - XFullFatTim - 04-05-2012 09:43am

I don't believe the ED4 has been a total flop in the sales dept, so maybe a well set up 2WD Evoque with a fancy diff like the last RS Focus had would do the job.