babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Privacy Glass - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Privacy Glass (/Thread-Privacy-Glass--3888)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Privacy Glass - jitenc - 14-04-2012 12:35am

Plus point is that it looks a tad bit sportier, hence no need to enhance the car in the looks department.
Its helped me lot in storing my briefcase and laptop in the back seat in the confidence that prying eyes would not be able to see into the car.
The advantage is that, you never know when you might get lucky to have a quick one with your other half when the need may arise... Not for those with clip-on sunglasses! Smile

RE: Privacy Glass - PhilSkill - 14-04-2012 01:06am

Privacy looks wrong cause half the side windows dont have it, always reminds me of my transit van! if all the side windows had it it would look right with black contrast roof but since thats illegal, half a job, no thanks! And I dont wear clip on sunglasses or sandals before you ask! Laughing

RE: Privacy Glass - DaveR - 14-04-2012 07:40am

My thoughts exactly, just doesn't look quite right. (Im also without clipons and sandals. Cool )

RE: Privacy Glass - ChuckieB - 14-04-2012 08:55am

(14-04-2012 01:06am)PhilSkill Wrote:  Privacy looks wrong cause half the side windows dont have it, always reminds me of my transit van! if all the side windows had it it would look right with black contrast roof but since thats illegal, half a job, no thanks! And I dont wear clip on sunglasses or sandals before you ask! Laughing

Much as I might have liked it, the privacy is a half baked option because of the law. Overall better without it and I now don't think about it until this thread pops up!

I have clip ons. They are easier to find a bit of space for in the storage challenged interiorLaughing......oh and sandals too. No socks though!

RE: Privacy Glass - CSJ - 14-04-2012 10:03am

For me the Coupe looks far better with the privacy glass, it gives the rear windows a larger appearance and gives the whole car an even classier finish accentuating the sloping roof line. One thought tho, save yourself a lot of cash by doing it post delivery rather than paying the overpriced LR option price, the look is exactly the same to me.

RE: Privacy Glass - XFullFatTim - 14-04-2012 10:10am

(14-04-2012 10:03am)CSJ Wrote:  One thought tho, save yourself a lot of cash by doing it post delivery rather than paying the overpriced LR option price, the look is exactly the same to me.

LR uses tinted glass, not film, with the antenna wires bonded to it which is why it is quite expensive. Aftermarket film never goods as good as there is no way the fitters can get the smooth finish over the antennae wires that bonding them to the glass has. And tinted glass doesn't peel off at the corners or get air bubbles in it in cold weather.
One thing with the Evoque privacy (film or tinted glass) is the tailgate doesn't look as good as it does on the FFRR and the RRS where having privacy tints on their upper tailgate makes it look like the cars have a sheet of glass / they are frameless for the upper tailgate whereas in reality they have a frame that is behind the glass which is very visible on cars without privacy film or tinted glass