babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Private Reg Plates. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Private Reg Plates. (/Thread-Private-Reg-Plates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Private Reg Plates. - Daigriff - 02-04-2012 09:57pm

(02-04-2012 06:17pm)ED209 Wrote:  I agree with him, unless said plates are two letters and a one/two digit number e,g "MT 1"

Agreed...but what do I knowSmile

I feel a poll coming on!!

RE: Private Reg Plates. - The Valeter - 03-04-2012 12:25am

I havn't bought one yet but i think I may try & get one with my initials on. I decided this over the weekend that this would be a good idea to buy it from my inherritance money. My mum & step father knew how much I loved my cars over the years & I thought that if I got a plate then everytime I looked at it I would think of where it came from!

RE: Private Reg Plates. - PigLauncher - 03-04-2012 01:44am

(02-04-2012 05:09pm)defender_uk Wrote:  utter b******s piglauncher!

Embarrassed Naff as can be. 11% of cars on UK roads have these so called unique plates. Nothing cooler than seeing a class / expensive motor sporting a bog standard plate. I always feel admiration for the classy owner.

RE: Private Reg Plates. - XFullFatTim - 03-04-2012 09:26am

I would hope that every car on UK roads has a unique plate.
With regard to so called "cherished" or "personalised" plates does it really matter? If you like/ want one and can afford it then why shouldn't you buy one. Sales of them after all contribute a considerable amount of money to the UK Treasury and it must be the only "tax" that you can choose whether or not you want to pay it.

RE: Private Reg Plates. - PigLauncher - 03-04-2012 01:15pm

(02-04-2012 06:17pm)ED209 Wrote:  I agree with him, unless said plates are two letters and a one/two digit number e,g "MT 1"

Good to see the Durham lads have taste.

RE: Private Reg Plates. - J77 - 03-04-2012 02:52pm

I have a private plate, which is all the initials of my name, the 77 means nothing, couldn't get my birthday month or year. The plate was bought for me for my 18th birthday by my parents and it is something I will have long after they have departed.

RE: Private Reg Plates. - Donny Dog - 03-04-2012 03:35pm

(03-04-2012 02:52pm)J77 Wrote:  I have a private plate, which is all the initials of my name, the 77 means nothing, couldn't get my birthday month or year.

It'll come into its own if you're patient!Wink

RE: Private Reg Plates. - ED209 - 03-04-2012 03:50pm

I cant get my initials, IJ is impossible under the english reg system.

RE: Private Reg Plates. - XFullFatTim - 03-04-2012 04:12pm

I have a single letter, single digit plate on retention - it's too expensive to insure it for day to day use, I didn't buy it I inherited it and it has been in our family for many many years. I have another one on retention that is in the current style and have been offered £10,000 for it (stupidly I didn't sell it there and then to the person prepared to pay that much)

RE: Private Reg Plates. - oop north - 03-04-2012 04:46pm

I have a personal plate that worked superbly on my caterham but is not so good on a diesel chugger (though most people don't get it). I think some plates are a bit naff - especially ones that clearly don't quite say what the owner is hoping for. But if the owner gets pleasure from it, then why not?