babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Eco Stop/Start problems - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Eco Stop/Start problems (/Thread-Eco-Stop-Start-problems)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Eco Stop/Start problems - PhilSkill - 21-08-2012 08:47am

Yes you do become aware of how long traffic lights have been red for to determine whether to release the clutch, I do also turn it on and off during the journey if i'm not happy with it stopping somewhere.

This morning it never cut in, probably as it was used a lot yesterday and I stayed stopped for quite a while playing with the Sat Nav which probably brought the battery level down.

RE: Eco Stop/Start problems - Ian aka Frank - 16-09-2012 05:08pm

One further note to add re: Eco Stop/Start, why dosen't the handbrake come on automatically when the engine stops?

RE: Eco Stop/Start problems - PhilSkill - 16-09-2012 10:32pm

If you start to move or even just roll over 2mph the engine will re-start, stopping the engine is not related to the handbrake. I theory it could but I guess better to leave that to the driver as normal or it could be seen as getting too invasive.

RE: Eco Stop/Start problems - doug - 17-09-2012 09:16am

It's a parking brake Smile

RE: Eco Stop/Start problems - Ian aka Frank - 18-09-2012 05:38pm

(17-09-2012 09:16am)doug Wrote:  It's a parking brake Smile

Yes I know, but when at Traffic Lights I normally put on the 'handbrake' as stated in the Highway Code ( if waiting when they are at red ) so I don't glare the driver behind me with high level brake light, plus it is safer if you are hit from behind, as you would lift you foot off the footbrake instinctively if hit. So now back to my first post scenario. With the Eco on I would put my foot on the brake to stop, then the engine will stop (no handbrake). Now I will manually put on the handbrake then release my foot from the footbrake. I hope this goes some way to explain!!! It's not a serious thing with me, but what about an option in the setup menus for this?

RE: Eco Stop/Start problems - Griff449 - 20-09-2012 08:27am

ECO fault is now showing on my dash Sad No heater on either grrrrrrr

RE: Eco Stop/Start problems - XFullFatTim - 20-09-2012 08:49am

Griff not necessarily a trip to the dealership though - have a look at the dashboard warnings section in the owner's manual, it should tell you there if it is something to be concerned about.

RE: Eco Stop/Start problems - cjfp - 20-09-2012 10:23am

(20-09-2012 08:27am)Griff449 Wrote:  ECO fault is now showing on my dash Sad No heater on either grrrrrrr

Are you sure that you haven't removed these items to have them painted ?? Laughing

RE: Eco Stop/Start problems - Griff449 - 20-09-2012 05:43pm

(20-09-2012 10:23am)cjfp Wrote:  Are you sure that you haven't removed these items to have them painted ?? Laughing

Now you mention it....... Laughing

No major fault warning on the dash but the ECO button won't even turn or nor activate and the message ECO Start Stop Fault is displayed on the information centre. Just annoying it's not working Confused

Must be a fix for it, even if it's a case of clearing the KAM

Landrover Assist me thinks

RE: Eco Stop/Start problems - stunt - 09-10-2012 08:48pm

Found this thread on another forum

Looks like there is a known software yet unresolved issue Confused

http://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk/forum/eco-stop-start_topic563_page2.html