babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Car nearly here...but... - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Car nearly here...but... (/Thread-Car-nearly-here-but)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Car nearly here...but... - paul - 15-02-2012 11:31pm

This why I'm not keen on retrofit film...

The dot matrix problem

Most cars have a black ceramic 'frit' edge on the rear window. Sometimes this ceramic edge is straight and flat, sometimes it will have a dotted matrix edge. These black ceramic dots are quite thick on most cars and prevent the film from sticking to the area between the dots. This results in a whitish looking strip trimming the glass.

RE: Car nearly here...but... - crown62 - 17-02-2012 08:50am

I'd take the car and see how you feel. If after a week as per advice get a high quality tint applied.
I have had my dynamic a few weeks now and purposely did not want privacy glass, I think it can make a 5 door look van like as the contrast is so great. My neighbour has a pure With factory tint, so I've had them side by side and I'm still pleased with my choice.

RE: Car nearly here...but... - cjfp - 17-02-2012 09:22am

I'm happy without privacy glass (have it on the FL2 and purposely decided NOT to have it on the Evoque)

RE: Car nearly here...but... - paul - 17-02-2012 10:30am

I guess privacy glass is like any option...some like it, some don't. So I see this a bit like someone ordering a red car, and the dealer supplying a blue car. Then suggesting they could wrap it in red for you, or that you could take the wrong colour, or that you could join the back of the queue again. Shocked As with anything, everyone's tastes are slightly different...but everyone wants what they actually ordered in the first place! Privacy glass aside, I hadn't even decided between the petrol and diesel models, and intended to have a quick drive of both again when dealer got me in to finalise on things.