babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Some good news at last... - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Some good news at last... (/Thread-Some-good-news-at-last)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Some good news at last... - Evoqess - 29-11-2011 03:41am

Great news Mark. I can't wait for your Evoque-keys-in-my-hand opinions after the disappointing prelude to ownership. Thumbs Up

RE: Some good news at last... - mark_n - 29-11-2011 05:40pm

Thank you everyone for your good wishes even if they are for me to stop my moaning.

As it's turned out, the original date of 31 December on the day I ordered will be beaten but that date first came forward in stages to 31 October and then went back in stages to 26 January. Land Rover could help themselves by quoting a date and sticking to it. It's all to do with expectation management.

As for the dealer, when I sit in my Evoque for the first time, it will be only the third time I've sat in one and when I drive it, it will be for the first time. I missed out on the driving events and the dealer launch and have never been offered a test drive in spite of asking.

It's inevitable that the imminent arrival of the car is softening even this curmudgeon and I hope the ownership experience will be an antidote to the buying experience.

I'm looking forward to throwing my walking and camera gear into the back and heading off to the Lakes.

RE: Some good news at last... - ED209 - 29-11-2011 06:26pm

(29-11-2011 05:40pm)mark_n Wrote:  Thank you everyone for your good wishes even if they are for me to stop my moaning.

As it's turned out, the original date of 31 December on the day I ordered will be beaten but that date first came forward in stages to 31 October and then went back in stages to 26 January. Land Rover could help themselves by quoting a date and sticking to it. It's all to do with expectation management.

As for the dealer, when I sit in my Evoque for the first time, it will be only the third time I've sat in one and when I drive it, it will be for the first time. I missed out on the driving events and the dealer launch and have never been offered a test drive in spite of asking.

It's inevitable that the imminent arrival of the car is softening even this curmudgeon and I hope the ownership experience will be an antidote to the buying experience.

I'm looking forward to throwing my walking and camera gear into the back and heading off to the Lakes.

I would never buy a car without driving, get to the dealer and demand a test drive!

RE: Some good news at last... - mark_n - 29-11-2011 07:22pm

(29-11-2011 06:26pm)ED209 Wrote:  I would never buy a car without driving, get to the dealer and demand a test drive!

I'm hardly going to back out now...

RE: Some good news at last... - ceebee - 29-11-2011 07:44pm

Mark, they actually drive like a bag of nails....................

No, I am joking and I am sure you won't be dissapointed. Hopefully many others on the forum may find that their dates start to move forward also, but despite your moans (some of which I believe to be a little tongue -in-cheek), I have to agree that LR should have just given us a date and stuck to it rather than telling people that were miles away from their delivery dates that the date had changed again..............and changed again...............and then it arrives at around the time of the original date anyway.

LR really hasn't helped itself with this one, but if you check out other forums (e.g Kuga) they are full of people in the same position who are not getting their cars on time and are swearing they will never buy another Ford and that the dealers are worse than hopeless.

Anyway, good luck with your car when you get it.

RE: Some good news at last... - Louie - 29-11-2011 08:53pm

Heard today that my dealer should be getting my car in on Friday / Monday depending upon transport, this will be about a week earlier than the revised delivery date which had slipped back from early November.

Looks like all the problems are now being sorted in that mine is a 5 door Pure with Zenons, pano roof etc.

Can't wait to get my hands on it a go for a long drive through Mid Wales.

Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy

RE: Some good news at last... - ED209 - 29-11-2011 09:37pm

(29-11-2011 08:53pm)Louie Wrote:  Heard today that my dealer should be getting my car in on Friday / Monday depending upon transport, this will be about a week earlier than the revised delivery date which had slipped back from early November.

Looks like all the problems are now being sorted in that mine is a 5 door Pure with Zenons, pano roof etc.

Can't wait to get my hands on it a go for a long drive through Mid Wales.

Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy

what engine/gearbox combo is your car?

RE: Some good news at last... - paulelescoces - 29-11-2011 10:06pm

Excellent news... I have my fingers crossed that my date comes earlier... not that I really have a date... more of a vague, likely not this year, looks like Jan or maybe even feb...

RE: Some good news at last... - Louie - 05-12-2011 07:47pm

[quote='ED209' pid='26042' dateline='1322599029']

what engine/gearbox combo is your car?

Its a manual SD4

RE: Some good news at last... - andyuk - 06-12-2011 01:22am

Well my date was Dec 20th which went out to Jan 28th then back in to Jan 15th so I am hoping it's ready to drive away on Jan 2nd going on the recent reports of cars coming forward.