babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Rear Camera - some advice - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Rear Camera - some advice (/Thread-Rear-Camera-some-advice)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Rear Camera - some advice - Blackseries - 14-11-2011 02:12pm

(14-11-2011 12:27pm)Big G Wrote:  So here's my dilemma, I can order it no problem, but I'm at the top of the orders list apparently, in terms of their orders and adding this may put me to the back of the queue. Given all the delays anyway, it could get pushed way out, but then may I regret it !! Oh what to do??

Having been to the factory last week I really think they are getting into their stride. Obviously if you need the car now then don't change your order but if you can wait a couple of weeks I would say add the camera. For 2 reasons..... 1) the back window is small (both 3 and 5 door) and .... 2) the Evoque is a luxury car and it needs luxury items in it.... every time you put your car into reverse you will think ..... I glad I ordered that......I'm sure you will use it everyday.

RE: Rear Camera - some advice - ajmooseman - 14-11-2011 04:38pm

(14-11-2011 12:30pm)griff Wrote:  Are you sure that is not the shaded bit which shows the distance needed if you want to open the hatch? See manual
Nar Griff deffo bumper, had my Dad stand behind the car and he was touching the bumper ect. could clearly see his hand and all the detail, don;t think it's and error but I would personally like to see it set at a slightly different angle, I'll get used to it and probably won't notice it in months to come, my pal's GL has slap bang in the middle so every thing is setup up square.

RE: Rear Camera - some advice - griff - 14-11-2011 04:41pm

Hmm - interesting. I'll have a look at mine later and see what it looks like. the camera is to the right of the latch if I remember, maybe its a bit loose or something?

RE: Rear Camera - some advice - Acwats - 14-11-2011 10:06pm

I think it's something to do with the curvature of the camera lens and the offset position of the camera?

RE: Rear Camera - some advice - Big G - 15-11-2011 03:09pm

(14-11-2011 12:27pm)Big G Wrote:  Thanks - I did some checking with my dealer, who had a Prestige in the Showroom - no rear camera. So here's my dilemma, I can order it no problem, but I'm at the top of the orders list apparently, in terms of their orders and adding this may put me to the back of the queue. Given all the delays anyway, it could get pushed way out, but then may I regret it !! Oh what to do??

Ok - sold have made the decision - was in the car when the Mrs reversed - no need to do any more thinking !!Rolling Eyes

RE: Rear Camera - some advice - griff - 15-11-2011 03:13pm

@ajmooseman - my camera show a bit of the bumper as well so i guess its a design thing. Does not bother me - helps with perspective.

RE: Rear Camera - some advice - ajmooseman - 15-11-2011 05:36pm

is it like this

[Image: IMG_0431.jpg]

RE: Rear Camera - some advice - stevehill - 15-11-2011 06:15pm

(15-11-2011 05:36pm)ajmooseman Wrote:  is it like this

love the tough s**t bit
Have to say my camera looks straight compared to your photo
bumper is even both sides

RE: Rear Camera - some advice - EVO PUNDITT - 15-11-2011 07:24pm

Like the pictures,good example,where's the s___t ?

RE: Rear Camera - some advice - bogstomper - 15-11-2011 07:31pm

(15-11-2011 05:36pm)ajmooseman Wrote:  is it like this

That camera can't be on straight! The bottom edge of the image is parallel with the lip of the bumper on mine. This would have freaked me out...!