babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon (/Thread-LAND-ROVER-EXPERIENCE-Wessington-Farm-in-Devon)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - Gthornton - 08-10-2011 08:38am

Completed my experience day day yesterday in Cheshire.

Fantastic, three hours getting to know the Evoque properly.

I urge all of you to get involved!!

RE: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - Blackseries - 08-10-2011 10:35am

(05-10-2011 04:09pm)QUATTROMAN Wrote:  Then out side for an over view of the Evoque (Prestige auto SD4 )

Great review thanks, certainly spurred me on to do a LRE in an Evoque when I get mine ..... one question ...... did the LRE car have AD?

RE: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - QUATTROMAN - 08-10-2011 10:53am

..... one question ...... did the LRE car have AD?
[/quote]

Unfortunatly no AD suspension fitted, but I did ask if anyone had driven one with AD off road to try to get feedback,but the only answer I recieved was 'it's fantastic at Gaydon on the tracks' when the instructors tested it, but as of yet,no off road experience with the AD installed in their LRE Evoques.

RE: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - Spiderman - 08-10-2011 01:59pm

(08-10-2011 10:35am)Blackseries Wrote:  
(05-10-2011 04:09pm)QUATTROMAN Wrote:  Then out side for an over view of the Evoque (Prestige auto SD4 )

Great review thanks, certainly spurred me on to do a LRE in an Evoque when I get mine ..... one question ...... did the LRE car have AD?

You don't need to wait until yours arrives, you use the LRE centres Evoque. Having completed this course several times now in different LR products, I would recommend you do this course sooner rather than later as it will also give you live road/skid skills for the fast approaching winter & these skills will easily transfer to any vehicle, so aside from anything else this course should also help to keep you safer on the roads and thats got to be a good thing!

RE: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - XFullFatTim - 08-10-2011 04:40pm

Spiderman I wonder if we could persuade the Dunkeld LRE to allow us to have a meet up on their site? There is another site at Strathmeiglo - The Scottish Offroad Driving Centre where they also have an off road site.

RE: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - Spiderman - 08-10-2011 04:52pm

(08-10-2011 04:40pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Spiderman I wonder if we could persuade the Dunkeld LRE to allow us to have a meet up on their site? There is another site at Strathmeiglo - The Scottish Offroad Driving Centre where they also have an off road site.

Dunkeld LRE will be a go, my contacts at Strats Perth are sorting it out for me, we should also be able to take their LRs on a 1/2 day session whilst we are there too....if you have any inroads at Strathmeiglo you could give that a try & let me know.....

RE: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - XFullFatTim - 08-10-2011 04:58pm

I know from experience that they don't like Freelanders there so they will not be keen on Evoques........... one of their local dealerships took a Freelander along and it went home on the back of a flatbed pouring oil out from underneath, having said that, that was where I had more fun in my Freelander than anywhere else!

RE: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - Spiderman - 08-10-2011 05:13pm

The FL2 is a great bit of kit, very capable as a day to day 4x4!

RE: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - XFullFatTim - 08-10-2011 07:01pm

Problem is too many owners don't realise that is does't have the ability of a D4/RRS/FFRR/Defender and try to do silly things it was never meant to do...................... Been there, got my Defender as a result of finding out the very expensive way when a Freelander meets its very impressive limits and mine was a Freelander1 TD4 Auto. Yes F2 is VERY impressive off road but it doesn't like deep ruts where you cannot drive offset from the ruts and RRE is the same. Gerry Macgovern would not be happy if I bent his baby trying to do something it wasn't designed to do - doing things it wasn't meant to do is great fun though!

RE: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - rchrdleigh - 08-10-2011 07:58pm

Both Freelander 2 and RRE are highly capable off-road vehicles and in the hands of an expert will go most places that D4/RRS/FFRR/Defender will go. But unlike their bigger cousins they do not have air suspension and do not have a low range gear box which is a significant limiting factor. Visit one of the LRE Centres and you will probably see Freelander 2 and RRE doing things you would think was beyond them, if in doubt look at the video of RRE (Really Nice Video Bad Language) but it was driven by an experienced LRE instructor and driven slowly to minimise the risk of damage.

PS: Maybe the Mods would like to rename this thread as LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE given the drift away from the original topic?