babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Arden Evoque - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Arden Evoque (/Thread-Arden-Evoque)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Arden Evoque - XFullFatTim - 24-08-2011 01:09pm

Sidesteps are the worst thing you can fit to a Range Rover, they are awful and should be banned, the airsuspension has an "Access" height so you don't need to defile your lovely RRS/D4/FFRR with such horrid things.

They are also a liability if you should venture offroad as they catch and can rip the bottom out of the car as my next door neighbour's daughter found when she took her Isuzu Trooper across a field and didn't stop when she heard a tearing noise from under the car.......... it needed a whole new floor pan she had done so much damage!

RE: Arden Evoque - Token - 24-08-2011 01:37pm

Guess that's told me!!!

Smile

RE: Arden Evoque - XFullFatTim - 24-08-2011 03:23pm

Lol Token, if you want them fit them, I'll cover my eyes if I ever see the car, but I dont think you will need them! I can understand fitting side tubes as I have personal experience of having to fit a new sill to a Freelander1 after finding a large rock when I was offroad............ a mangled side tube would have been much much less expensive to replace than the sill on a Freelander! I also had side steps on my Defender and still have perfect sills on that at 16 years old and lots and lots of heavy offroad, using it for what it was designed to do. I replaced them last year with proper rock/tree sliders when the MOT tester put my 10 years old side steps on the "advisory" items list as he considered them to be becoming a danger to pedestrians.......