babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Land Rover Trackstar - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Land Rover Trackstar (/Thread-Land-Rover-Trackstar)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Land Rover Trackstar - LP - 24-08-2011 07:09pm

Morgan - does Gap not pay out if the car is never recovered? My point was, if you don't have a tracker...your car either turns up and you've save the money of paying for a tracker...or your insurance + Gap pays out.

RE: Land Rover Trackstar - DDX - 25-08-2011 07:23am

Precisely LP, GAP, as far as I know, is now called Total Loss Insurance. I assume theft with no recovery is Total Loss?

Also, if the car is stolen with the keys does Gap not cover?

RE: Land Rover Trackstar - mark_n - 25-08-2011 08:53am

DDX, as I said above, the policy I looked at specifically excluded the car being stolen with keys, so basically useless.

RE: Land Rover Trackstar - doug - 25-08-2011 09:00am

Don't leave your keys laying round the house!
Hide them or use a safe. Homes are broken in to just for car keys.
If useing a garage update the door locks.

RE: Land Rover Trackstar - XFullFatTim - 25-08-2011 09:21am

Doug, that is one reason why I'm getting an Evoque - my glass kitchen door was smashed in and the house ransacked yet nothing was stolen so the conclusion was they were after the keys for my FFRR and Defender........................ which are not kept at the house when I'm away. The problem for me now is I have 20 years worth of junk to get rid of from my garage to make room for a car.

RE: Land Rover Trackstar - Charlie - 25-08-2011 09:34am

I'm contemplating gap (total loss ins.) and tracker, but might be overkill. As gap is only for the first 3 years I suppose you could fit a tracker after that. Have read stories of them half destroying the car looking for the tracker.

Btw the gap policy I'm looking at says it will pay out if the keys are taken in a burglary. Need to clarify that but assume that's different from theft on your person and obviously doesn't include loss of keys.

RE: Land Rover Trackstar - DDX - 25-08-2011 01:45pm

Thats interesting Mark, would have thought they would cover theft with forced theft of the key.

Not comfortable with hiding keys - I always think that if they've gone to the effort to break in, they're not gonna leave without the keys and might come looking for them.