babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Wish you had specced a Contrast roof? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Wish you had specced a Contrast roof? (/Thread-Wish-you-had-specced-a-Contrast-roof)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Wish you had specced a Contrast roof? - WB - 30-08-2011 01:20pm

... take a look at this pic... looks like the roof can be done in 4 pieces...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/evoquev.jpg/

RE: Wish you had specced a Contrast roof? - XFullFatTim - 30-08-2011 01:48pm

Are you thinking that you can go to the wrapping company and take their offcuts for free and do a "crazy paving" effect with the black offcuts? LaughingLaughing

RE: Wish you had specced a Contrast roof? - WB - 30-08-2011 02:34pm

(30-08-2011 01:48pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  Are you thinking that you can go to the wrapping company and take their offcuts for free and do a "crazy paving" effect with the black offcuts? LaughingLaughing

Ha, wasn't quite reaching for the missus' hairdryer... but it did make me think it should be easier/cheaper to do 4 strips than a whole roof piece Wink

RE: Wish you had specced a Contrast roof? - XFullFatTim - 30-08-2011 02:41pm

The idea of doing the roof in one piece is so there are no joins to peel up in the slipstream as you drive along.

RE: Wish you had specced a Contrast roof? - pureevoque - 30-08-2011 05:14pm

Had a thought on this;
Getting the roof wrapped would be easy, apart from the spoiler would also need doing? Not sure if this would be possible to wrap or it would need to be resprayed???

RE: Wish you had specced a Contrast roof? - XFullFatTim - 30-08-2011 05:25pm

I wouldn't get the bump on the spoiler sprayed or wrapped as the satnav antenna is under there and the signals are very weak to start with - adding any more thickness over the antenna might reduce reception further

RE: Wish you had specced a Contrast roof? - Spiderman - 11-09-2011 02:38pm

(24-08-2011 03:18pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  No I didn't ask what colours they can do but looking at their website just about anything is possible from plain solids right through to mirror/ chromed.................

What website did you visit for this Tim as the only wrapping company I am aware of is Tint Haus in Perth and I have heard & seen mixed results on their jobs done, they put armorfend on a new Ferrari 599 & as they removed it several times whilst fitting the 599 needed to go to Ferraris official paint shop, Eastern Western in Edinburgh, for a front end respray and this was before the client had received their new car. They also did same another friends F430 so naturally I wouldn't let them loose on any of my toys.....hence the question on the website you viewed!

RE: Wish you had specced a Contrast roof? - DynamicRRV - 11-09-2011 03:06pm

Contrast roof?No its a Pan Roof and body colour roof for me.