babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Heated Screen and Washer Jets - Pure - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Heated Screen and Washer Jets - Pure (/Thread-Heated-Screen-and-Washer-Jets-Pure)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Heated Screen and Washer Jets - Pure - XFullFatTim - 22-08-2011 08:22am

With my last 3 Range Rovers you don't wash the lights with every squirt to the screen - LR's work on every 5th (IIRC) screen wash you get your headlights washed. Also on my RRS's and the FFRR the washer bottle has been I think 10ltrs capacity

RE: Heated Screen and Washer Jets - Pure - BFGEvoqueMan - 22-08-2011 08:46am

(22-08-2011 06:40am)Jonathon555 Wrote:  Heated washer jets are crap anyway , as in the depths of winter even pure 100% screen wash normally freezes in the tube feeding the jets.

My Audi has them & they are nor use nor ornament in winter.

You might want to check the fuse! My Merc SLk and Ford Focus ones have never failed me (but then I can only comment down to -28c) and my cars live outside all winter. Just need to make sure you have have proper winter (-50c) wash fluidLaughingLaughing

RE: Heated Screen and Washer Jets - Pure - Jonathon555 - 22-08-2011 12:53pm

(22-08-2011 08:46am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  
(22-08-2011 06:40am)Jonathon555 Wrote:  Heated washer jets are crap anyway , as in the depths of winter even pure 100% screen wash normally freezes in the tube feeding the jets.

My Audi has them & they are nor use nor ornament in winter.

You might want to check the fuse! My Merc SLk and Ford Focus ones have never failed me (but then I can only comment down to -28c) and my cars live outside all winter. Just need to make sure you have have proper winter (-50c) wash fluidLaughingLaughing

I know the answer , but the best washer fluid that could be sourced locally was -6 freeze point. Completely useless at -20

RE: Heated Screen and Washer Jets - Pure - XFullFatTim - 22-08-2011 12:58pm

Halfrauds and Sainsbury both sold washer fluid rated to -45c last winter, i did a bulk buy of 40litr at Halfrauds in June last year when they were offering it at 50% off and use it diluted in the summer and neat in winter. Never had a problem with frozen washer jets even down to -20c last winter, what I did have a problem with was snow sticking to the headlamp lenses as there isn't enough heat generated by the lamps to melt it when you have the Bi Xenons - every couple of miles I had to get out and wipe the accumulated snow off them at night.

RE: Heated Screen and Washer Jets - Pure - Jonathon555 - 22-08-2011 02:59pm

(22-08-2011 12:58pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  Halfrauds and Sainsbury both sold washer fluid rated to -45c last winter, i did a bulk buy of 40litr at Halfrauds in June last year when they were offering it at 50% off and use it diluted in the summer and neat in winter. Never had a problem with frozen washer jets even down to -20c last winter, what I did have a problem with was snow sticking to the headlamp lenses as there isn't enough heat generated by the lamps to melt it when you have the Bi Xenons - every couple of miles I had to get out and wipe the accumulated snow off them at night.

I am going to be stocking up now, I could not get concentrated screen wash anywhere last winter. I ended up mixing in vodka to stop it freezing

RE: Heated Screen and Washer Jets - Pure - Acwats - 22-08-2011 09:35pm

I can live with dirty headlights. The main point was the windscreen and is a significant safety issue. Not being able to see or having to stop on the hard shoulder when others can't see is a big error on a £30k car.