babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
LRX Concept Styling - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: LRX Concept Styling (/Thread-LRX-Concept-Styling)

Pages: 1 2

RE: LRX Concept Styling - doug - 17-08-2011 01:57pm

(17-08-2011 01:40pm)paulus599 Wrote:  
(17-08-2011 01:36pm)doug Wrote:  
(17-08-2011 01:27pm)BOBM4N Wrote:  Does anyone know if the LRX Concept wing mirrors will be available to buy anywhere. Would be nice to complete the "concept to production" journey.

I would say no.
The mirrors are that size due to EU laws.(% of the car).

Maybe, but that's something the manufacturers have to abide by. I can't see it stopping anyone selling them as an accessory though and I can't see anyone getting pulled over by the boys in blue if they have them fitted.

Could it fail a MOT ?

RE: LRX Concept Styling - BOBM4N - 17-08-2011 02:48pm

(17-08-2011 01:57pm)doug Wrote:  
(17-08-2011 01:40pm)paulus599 Wrote:  
(17-08-2011 01:36pm)doug Wrote:  
(17-08-2011 01:27pm)BOBM4N Wrote:  Does anyone know if the LRX Concept wing mirrors will be available to buy anywhere. Would be nice to complete the "concept to production" journey.

I would say no.
The mirrors are that size due to EU laws.(% of the car).

Maybe, but that's something the manufacturers have to abide by. I can't see it stopping anyone selling them as an accessory though and I can't see anyone getting pulled over by the boys in blue if they have them fitted.

Could it fail a MOT ?

Only after 3 years.......

RE: LRX Concept Styling - XFullFatTim - 17-08-2011 03:00pm

Even if you did get stopped by VOSA or the Police the worst that could happen would be that they make you put back the originals after a warning. However ,I wonder if insurers might take a dim view if you were to cause an accident as a result of having them... say you pulled out into the middle or overtaking lanes of the motorway and didn't see something which then ran into the side of your car

RE: LRX Concept Styling - BOBM4N - 17-08-2011 03:18pm

(17-08-2011 03:00pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  Even if you did get stopped by VOSA or the Police the worst that could happen would be that they make you put back the originals after a warning. However ,I wonder if insurers might take a dim view if you were to cause an accident as a result of having them... say you pulled out into the middle or overtaking lanes of the motorway and didn't see something which then ran into the side of your car

Sound like a job for Blind Spot Monitoring Option

RE: LRX Concept Styling - Ezandania - 17-08-2011 03:59pm

When you install the small mirrors, you lose access to the small cameras fitted in the wing mirrors right? And the swanky looking rangerover puddle lights (ala the Bat signal)? Nahh...i'd rather keep the big mirrors Smile im geekier that way Very Happy just paint the mirror caps black to make it similiar to the LRX (for pure/prestige owners)