babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos (/Thread-OUCH-I-ve-broken-the-tailgate-resized-photos)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - ChuckieB - 22-04-2013 12:00am

(21-04-2013 10:17pm)Biker Wrote:  If it is any consolation, I'm very pleased that you took the RRE out of the concrete jungle and do some actual off road stuff. Nice scenery.

Bitter sweet though as it was a relic of the concrete jungle that has caused the damage.

RE: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - RacingSnake - 22-04-2013 06:07am

Good effort Tim, if you're going to do it, do it properly Laughing

RE: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - alibeau - 22-04-2013 10:25am

Ouch Tim Shocked

Hope you get it sorted swfitly and with little fuss......

Ali.

OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - sciack - 22-04-2013 10:34am

No parking sensors??

RE: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - WB - 22-04-2013 10:36am

Ouch! hope it isn't too painful to get repaired.

RE: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - tetstb - 22-04-2013 11:09am

hmm,a high value product indeed.

RE: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - CSJ - 22-04-2013 12:17pm

That looks like an expensive fix!

RE: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - Straydox - 22-04-2013 01:06pm

Bad news Tim, fixable and I'm sure Lookers will get it back to like brand new.

RE: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - doug - 22-04-2013 03:48pm

Shocked how fast where you driving. Once replaced will be good as new.

Have you tried T-cutting it out Wink

RE: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos - XFullFatTim - 22-04-2013 05:04pm

(22-04-2013 03:48pm)doug Wrote:  Shocked how fast where you driving. Once replaced will be good as new.

Have you tried T-cutting it out Wink

Doug, about 2-3mph astern...........
SCLack, I have sensors but the support upright was about 1.5m from the high bit I struck which was the curved end piece of the safety rail, so the parking sensors didn't get close enough to sound and the small diameter was not that apparent in the reversing cam.

Here's a diagram of how I did it, as I'm away from home on iPhone it's 90degrees rotated until I can get into photobucket full edition and rotate it
[Image: 08071D1C-C446-4E2A-912A-10E53B6240C8-473...e202b5.jpg]

The guys at Park Royal could do the job but by the time I get to them it would only give the 3 days and the service manager David says that he doubts their men could do a proper job in that time. One thing I have noticed since it happened........... No more rattles from the tailgate area!