babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Letter from Landrover about "EVOQUE ECO STOP/START UPDATE! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Letter from Landrover about "EVOQUE ECO STOP/START UPDATE! (/Thread-Letter-from-Landrover-about-EVOQUE-ECO-STOP-START-UPDATE)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Letter from Landrover about "EVOQUE ECO STOP/START UPDATE! - XFullFatTim - 21-04-2013 08:14am

(20-04-2013 09:40pm)Evo-king Wrote:  .............. and wonder if the updates will cause issues.

in the immortal words of the dog Churchill, Oh Yes..................... I had the fix applied to cure the BMS problems and that is now cured but the TPMS now finds a non-existant spare tyre is below pressure and throws up a warning on start up that disappears from the warning screen but leaves a warning triangle until the wheels have made a few revolutions when that disappears too when it has received a few signals from the 4 wheels I still have.

RE: Letter from Landrover about "EVOQUE ECO STOP/START UPDATE! - Bodlyfunctions - 21-04-2013 09:08am

How do I see which version I currently have?
I have had my RRE in the dealers a couple of times re:start/stop.
Before I bug them, I want to ensure I don't already have it

RE: Letter from Landrover about "EVOQUE ECO STOP/START UPDATE! - cjfp - 21-04-2013 09:09am

(21-04-2013 09:08am)Bodlyfunctions Wrote:  How do I see which version I currently have?
I have had my RRE in the dealers a couple of times re:start/stop.
Before I bug them, I want to ensure I don't already have it

Simples .... You can't.

RE: Letter from Landrover about "EVOQUE ECO STOP/START UPDATE! - J77 - 21-04-2013 10:06pm

Mine was built 21/12/11, no letter. Not to fussed as it gets traded in 3 weeks. Hope my new Fl2 works better.

RE: Letter from Landrover about "EVOQUE ECO STOP/START UPDATE! - speary - 22-04-2013 08:21am

(21-04-2013 09:09am)cjfp Wrote:  Simples .... You can't.

Ohhhh yes you can Wink
Press and hold the Valet button for around 30 + seconds and the hidden menu will appear
you can then check your software version
I had the stop start update a few of months ago and it now works fine.
Software version after the update 3366_120109

RE: Letter from Landrover about "EVOQUE ECO STOP/START UPDATE! - PhilSkill - 22-04-2013 08:35am

(22-04-2013 08:21am)speary Wrote:  Ohhhh yes you can Wink
Press and hold the Valet button for around 30 + seconds and the hidden menu will appear

We're pretty conviced that's just an overall SW version, or the Entertainment system, not the ECU and other units. But worth checking the version on the Valet button before and after any service, just to know if it changes.

RE: Letter from Landrover about "EVOQUE ECO STOP/START UPDATE! - PhilSkill - 22-04-2013 02:46pm

Mine shown on Topix

Q261 - ECO START STOP SYSTEM INOPERATIVE & VEHICLE SOFTWARE UPDATES

I'd agree my Start/Stop is as good as inoperative... but never had any of the battery/alarm issue etc etc... and don't want one... Confused

But be interesting to see what the update brings, mine was built OCT 11.

RE: Letter from Landrover about "EVOQUE ECO STOP/START UPDATE! - PhilSkill - 22-04-2013 04:43pm

There's a Q261v2 listed too...

RE: Letter from Landrover about "EVOQUE ECO STOP/START UPDATE! - cjfp - 22-04-2013 05:08pm

(22-04-2013 08:21am)speary Wrote:  Ohhhh yes you can Wink

Interesting - I (alledgedly) had software updates made at my service (early Jan) but my version didn't change (which is why I said what I said). However, I have this fix outstanding and will chk version before and after.

RE: Letter from Landrover about "EVOQUE ECO STOP/START UPDATE! - Offroadstu - 23-04-2013 06:48pm

This update q261 is the fix for the Alarm Fault. LR trying to fix the cars without everyone realising what's going on. My car was one of the few to get a Beta Software fix and is currently in for this update to finalise the fix.