babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
PI lowering springs - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: PI lowering springs (/Thread-PI-lowering-springs)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: PI lowering springs - scrannel - 09-02-2013 04:39pm

This is the company out of Texas. http://www.pureevoque.com/

I think we're just seeing the beginning of the after-market mods for these cars as they are so popular. Have always found the Germans to be on the cutting edge of car-mods when a new model came out, usually quality stuff. Anyway, good luck with your project and get up some pics when you're done. And... ignore the "jolly olde" types as their idea of modding a car is to stick a badge on the grill that says they've been to "Pumping Wells" or something!

RE: PI lowering springs - Evo-king - 09-02-2013 04:41pm

jos, is one of the names who comes to mind, he's from the Netherlands, drives an eD4.

RE: PI lowering springs - jos - 17-02-2013 11:10am

(07-02-2013 05:20pm)verma Wrote:  Hi I'm thinking of lowering my pure 2WD which currently has 22 inch wheels with the PI springs, does anyone know of any issues I might face if I put them on?? Cool

YES
h&r loweringsprings -/- 3 cm about 275,- euros
and 6 hours of work placing them (at the dealer!)
but
the optics are much better now > with the 2x2 cm spacers, i must say !

a bit harder in comfort but that makes the ride much more sportier !
after a 25.000 km drive > no problems !

RE: PI lowering springs - verma - 17-02-2013 11:17am

Thanks Jos, was looking forward to this mod but my insurance company (axa) say they can't cover this mod Sad

RE: PI lowering springs - JKEvoqueSI4 - 11-05-2014 11:23pm

Does lowering the Evoque muck up the magna ride system?

RE: PI lowering springs - JKEvoqueSI4 - 14-05-2014 08:01pm

(11-05-2014 11:23pm)JKEvoqueSI4 Wrote:  Does lowering the Evoque muck up the magna ride system?

Anyone know or know who I can ask?

RE: PI lowering springs - cjfp - 14-05-2014 08:08pm

Not sure of the answer (but my guess is 'yes') but I can almost guarantee it will invalidate your warranty.

Do a thread search on 'springs' and you will get a number of threads to peruse.

This one infers you can't do it
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Lowering-springs-for-the-Dynamic-Evoque

RE: PI lowering springs - JKEvoqueSI4 - 14-05-2014 09:00pm

(14-05-2014 08:08pm)cjfp Wrote:  Not sure of the answer (but my guess is 'yes') but I can almost guarantee it will invalidate your warranty.

Do a thread search on 'springs' and you will get a number of threads to peruse.

This one infers you can't do it
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Lowering-springs-for-the-Dynamic-Evoque

OK Thanks.

RE: PI lowering springs - XFullFatTim - 14-05-2014 10:48pm

I would imagine that the Magneride dampers/ shocks would have to be changed to get the ride height lowered. Land Rover isn't the only company to use Magneride dampers - Ferrari and Audi also use them so they might have a version that would suit a lower ride height BUT is a lower ride height worth the huge cost, potentially ruining the car's handling and of course loosing your car's warranty. Bear in mind also that the Evoque's Magneride dampers operate all the time and also are linked to the electric power steering. Pressing the Dynamic mode button changes the mapping of both the damping reactions and the steering feel.

RE: PI lowering springs - JKEvoqueSI4 - 14-05-2014 10:53pm

(14-05-2014 10:48pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I would imagine that the Magneride dampers/ shocks would have to be changed to get the ride height lowered. Land Rover isn't the only company to use Magneride dampers - Ferrari and Audi also use them so they might have a version that would suit a lower ride height BUT is a lower ride height worth the huge cost, potentially ruining the car's handling and of course loosing your car's warranty. Bear in mind also that the Evoque's Magneride dampers operate all the time and also are linked to the electric power steering. Pressing the Dynamic mode button changes the mapping of both the damping reactions and the steering feel.

Thank you for your reply.

So is there another way of losing the gap between the top of the tyre and the wheel arch, not worried about off road, also you have to remember that if you load the Evoque with people the ride height lowers so not sure the shocks would need to be replaced, lowering a vehicle improves handling as it lowers the center of gravity, that's why all high performance cars are low and not high.